HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless Help (155 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Cheryl Kono
Message 1 of 5 (155 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless Help

I keep trying to get the wireless printer function on the Officejet Pro 8500 to connect to my network. It keeps giving me an error and I have to use a USB cord. I am tired of tripping over it in my office. Please help.
Occasional Visitor
sci_1
Message 2 of 5 (155 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless Help

Cheryl,

There are OJ 8500 printer that are not wireless capable. Please check the printer's specifications...does it says E709a? E709n? E709g?
--If it's an E709a, it's not wireless capable...

Or can you please indicate the exact error message.
Occasional Visitor
Cheryl Kono
Message 3 of 5 (155 Views)

It is an A909g series HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless printer. It says Wireless right on the face of the machine and in the title of the unit so I know it is wireless. I bought it at Costco about 1 year ago. It is an all in one unit, Copy, scan, fax, print. I just need it to be wireless. I am currently using a router that I purchased from Qwest 6 months ago and it says it should be able allow everything to go wireless, but I think there is some feature between it and the printer that is not talking as some sort of security feature, that is blocking us from printing, but I have NO idea. That is why I need help.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 4 of 5 (155 Views)

Can you get the printer to print its configuration? And what is the IP address it's using?
Once you have that IP address, you can try talking to it with a EWS, typically with something like:
http://IP-address
Occasional Visitor
jbjb
Message 5 of 5 (129 Views)

i bought a new hp touchsmart all-n-one; can't activate my hp officejet Pro 8500 wireless with a usb connection. help please!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.