HP MULTI-FUNCTION PRINTER - failing to print both sides without manually having to flip paper (142 Views)
Occasional Visitor
annalondon
Message 1 of 4 (142 Views)

HP MULTI-FUNCTION PRINTER - failing to print both sides without manually having to flip paper

Hi 

I used to be able to print multi-page documents automatically , using both sides of the paper but suddenly the printer is not offering me this option any more. 

I have changed the Printer preference via Control Panel  (ichecked the box "Print both sides"). However this means that a message pops up telling me how to flip the paper over and put it back in again in order to get the reverse side printed.

It would be great to be able to get the original system back of printing both sides automatically as I am not sure what has happened , despite much investigation.

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 2 of 4 (134 Views)

Re: HP MULTI-FUNCTION PRINTER - failing to print both sides without manually having to flip paper

What model MFP do you have?  What Windows version?

>of printing both sides automatically as I am not sure what has happened

You probably have to look at printer properties and look for something like has automatic two sided printing installed and make sure it is selected.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Imagenet_Tech
Message 3 of 4 (124 Views)

Re: HP MULTI-FUNCTION PRINTER - failing to print both sides without manually having to flip paper

Hello, what model mfp do you have, I can tell you the 4345mfp has an issue where if the duplexer is not fully seated you will lose the option to print double sided. Depending on the model you have I would start be checking to see if the duplexer is seated fully. Then powercycle, and see if you can do a 2-sided copy, or even if you have the option on the copy settings.

Hope this helps.....

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 4 (116 Views)

My gut feeling is the driver has been changed since the last time you used auto duplex. Sometimes when a new driver is installed it does not know the printer has duplex. Just go into the driver properties and choose the item device settings or options and then scroll down to installed options and make sure duplex is showing installed instead of not installed. Most times the default when the driver is loaded is not installed.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation