07-31-2012 04:55 AM
i have a hp laserjet pro 1415fn. it is new and was working well. now i cannot send or receive fax. when press fax button seeing yellow error message as "fax is disabled" i had tried to reconfigure fax, and succefully configured, test is showing all ok, but the same message is geting when press fax button.
07-31-2012 05:36 AM
Not sure what could be causing a problem like that. Let's clean everything up and restore the defaults with a Hard Reset.
Attention: During this Hard Reset process you will loose all of your own printer settings (i.e. printer settings will be restored to factory default settings & admin [device security] password will be removed.
1. Switch off Printer's power toggle switch (located on left side of the printer)
2. When the printer switched off, look at the touch screen of this printer extreme left
3. Extreme left side of the touch screen you will notice 3 icons areas [not visible as bright] as follows:
(a) ? - mark (located on upper side)
(b) > - right arrow mark (located in middle)
(c) X - mark (located on bottom)
4. Touch & hold the area of (b) - do not release the hold
5. Switch On printer's power toggle switch now & still you should hold down the area of (b) in touch screen
6. Once the touch screen shows "Storage Init" then release the (b) area touch
7. Allow the printer to reboot
8. Reconfigure your fax settings
9. Test fax
Hard reset will clean up any software/configuration changes that could be causing this issue. If the problem persists after the hard reset then there may be a hardware problem with the fax modem or scanner that is stopping you from faxing. See if you can copy/scan to make sure that component is working correctly.
07-31-2012 10:30 AM
I would recommend to update your firmware.
See if the document below helps.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!