HP Laserjet pro cm1415fn fax is disabled (210 Views)
Occasional Visitor
kumaranallur
Message 1 of 3 (210 Views)

HP Laserjet pro cm1415fn fax is disabled

i have a hp laserjet pro 1415fn. it is new and was working well. now i cannot send or receive fax. when press fax button seeing yellow error message as "fax is disabled" i had tried to reconfigure fax, and succefully configured, test is showing all ok, but the same message is geting when press fax button.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 3 (208 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet pro cm1415fn fax is disabled

Not sure what could be causing a problem like that.  Let's clean everything up and restore the defaults with a Hard Reset.

Attention: During this Hard Reset process you will loose all of your own printer settings (i.e. printer settings will be restored to factory default settings & admin [device security] password will be removed.

1. Switch off Printer's power toggle switch (located on left side of the printer)

2. When the printer switched off, look at the touch screen of this printer extreme left

3. Extreme left side of the touch screen you will notice 3 icons areas [not visible as bright] as follows:

(a) ? - mark (located on upper side)

(b) > - right arrow mark (located in middle)

(c) X - mark (located on bottom)

4. Touch & hold the area of (b) - do not release the hold

5. Switch On printer's power toggle switch now & still you should hold down the area of (b) in touch screen

6. Once the touch screen shows "Storage Init" then release the (b) area touch

7. Allow the printer to reboot

8. Reconfigure your fax settings

9. Test fax

Hard reset will clean up any software/configuration changes that could be causing this issue.  If the problem persists after the hard reset then there may be a hardware problem with the fax modem or scanner that is stopping you from faxing.  See if you can copy/scan to make sure that component is working correctly.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple star under my UserName)
Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Moderator
affableLJ
Message 3 of 3 (198 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet pro cm1415fn fax is disabled

I would recommend to update your firmware.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4089461&submit=&

See if the document below helps.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02251425&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4089461&tmp... 

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation