Re: HP Laserjet M4345 MFP not giving Staple option anymore (812 Views)
Frequent Visitor
xxcrashxx
Message 1 of 9 (967 Views)

HP Laserjet M4345 MFP not giving Staple option anymore

[ Edited ]

I'm a technician at the University of Central Florida, we have a HP Laserjet M4345 MFP that will not allow users to select the staple option when trying to print a multi page document.  It used to work about a month ago, as far as I know nothing was changed on our network.

Our users connect to the printer over the network by having the printer added by IP address.  The printer has the 500 Sheet Stapler/Stacker assembly connect to it, and the printouts come out through the stacker, and there are staples in the staple compartment.  I have also checked the driver to ensure that the 500 sheet stapler/stacker assembly is selected as the Accessory output bin.  I have also redownloaded the driver, and updated the firmware on the printer to the most recent from the hp site.

any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Laserjet to Multifunction and All-in-One. - Hp Forum Moderator

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 9 (933 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet M4345 MFP not giving Staple option anymore

Are you telling use the option is not available under the output tab of the print driver. There is a option on the left side for staple where the default is none and in the drop down is one option for staple with a max of 32 pages.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 3 of 9 (922 Views)

Someone may have bumped the stapler stacker enough for the printer to not see it anymore and disabled the feature.  Try walking over and removing, checking the connection and then re-attaching the stapler stacker.  Print off a configuration page to make sure the printer can see it.

After you have hardware confirmation then take a look at the print driver on one of the machines.  You should be able to open up the Printer Properties window and see the Device Settings tab.  Towards the bottom there should be an Accessory Output Bin feature.  Make sure it is confgured to match your stapler stacker and you should see all functionality return.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
Frequent Visitor
xxcrashxx
Message 4 of 9 (918 Views)

@john, I have done that, verified that the 500 sheet stapler/stacker assembly is showing up from the config page, after disconnecting and reconnecting the cable. made sure that the Accessory Output bin is set to the 500 sheet stapler/stacker, still not showing the staple option though. any other suggestions??
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 5 of 9 (904 Views)

[ Edited ]

Are you telling us the output tab on the driver is not showing the staple option on the left side. The reason I ask is I just loaded the driver for your printer even though I do not have one and went into the driver properties and under the output tab the staple option said none, but in the drop down I was able to change to staple with a max of 32 pages. I used the xs driver.  Attached are instructions from the user manual.

Frequent Visitor
xxcrashxx
Message 6 of 9 (893 Views)

Under the driver properties for the printer, on the output tab, it does have the staple option, but it doesn't have the option listed withing MS Word.  I have included a screen shot of Word open and the printer properties opened right next to it.  Within Word it should show the Staple option under Collated.

I have also tried the XS driver, setting the drop down in the staple options to One.

The screenshot attached was of the normal driver, not the XS.  but the only difference I noticed was there were more options for the staple drop down menu.

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 7 of 9 (868 Views)

[ Edited ]

I used the xp pcl5 driver which has different options from yours. What are you using?  Attached are screen shots from my driver.

Frequent Visitor
xxcrashxx
Message 8 of 9 (848 Views)

[ Edited ]

I will try the PCL 5 driver later today or tomorrow.  We have been using the PCL 6 drivers.

EDIT:

So... I used the PCL 5 drivers that were listed for XP x64 for the xs series printer, and still no dice... :(

Is there any chance this is something that could be limited or controlled server side??  I've only gotten this report from one user on one printer, but I checked into a few other of these printers(same model/configuration) and those are not displaying the staple option.

Frequent Visitor
xxcrashxx
Message 9 of 9 (812 Views)

*Bump*

any other advice??  Still cannot get the staple option to show up on the computer.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.