HP Laserjet M2727nf MFP can't install full version! (1180 Views)
Occasional Collector
MaartenW
Message 1 of 5 (1,180 Views)

HP Laserjet M2727nf MFP can't install full version!

Here's the problem.

1month ago i could install the full version software(M2727_Full_Solution_Win7_5_2_AP & AM-EMEA1)

Less then a month ago the scanning function died, and it was replaced by our service guy.

Now i have this issue:

When i tried to install the full version software on a client machine (Win7sp1 x86 or WinXPsp3 x86) everything goes fine until it asks me if the printer is hooked up by USB or Network, it's network of course.

It finds the printer by doing a network scan, it finds it's IP-address/MAC ect..

When i select the printer en hit next then it tells me "the installer is unable to complete the network installation at this time ect.."(see attachment).

I still have the full version on a workstation and it's still working on that workstation, but installing it again that's the problem.

Printer is also installed on a print-server (win2003 x86), you can install the printer on a workstation but installing the full solution on a workstation is a big issue now.

We need the full version so users can scan ect..

Troubleshooting:

-deleted the printer on the server

-did a factory default on the printer

-reinstalled on the server

-configure the printer again.

All with the same issue can't install the full version because see attachment.

Anybody ran into the same problem as i have?

Any solutions on this?

Thanx in advanced!

Honored Contributor
TechPro
Message 2 of 5 (1,169 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet M2727nf MFP can't install full version!

I've seen that. Didn't have a solution.
Occasional Collector
MaartenW
Message 3 of 5 (1,151 Views)

To bad!

So i have to buy a complete new one?

Occasional Visitor
OrbiTech
Message 4 of 5 (1,093 Views)

Same exact problem, except I have never got version 5.2 to install, printer works fine using the PCL driver, I can find the IP address, etc., BUT I get the same error message as you when trying to install the full package which I wanted for the scan functions, kind of a let down that this won't even install!

SHG

Occasional Visitor
JoeNESTea
Message 5 of 5 (1,069 Views)

I am having this same problem with all of my win 7 users. The install works fine on my other computers on the network (win2K, vista) but all of the Win 7 computers get this error. Tried uninstalling Virus software and turned off win firewall but still had no success.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.