HP Laserjet CM1312 MFP - can't find how to scan from PC (2913 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Norman Ashton
Message 1 of 4 (2,913 Views)

HP Laserjet CM1312 MFP - can't find how to scan from PC

I have followed the standard install procedure from the supplied CD. I then follow the instruction to use the SCAN function to find the control panel shown in the manual is not the same as my printer/scanner, and doesn't have a START SCAN button. Also the alt procedure is to go to START and HP then it says click SCAN - but there is no SCAN option?? Anybody know what to do please.
Frequent Advisor
Red Man
Message 2 of 4 (2,913 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet CM1312 MFP - can't find how to scan from PC

Once you click Start and go to the HP Program group you should see HP Color LaserJet CM1312MFP series. There should be a sub menu under that to the right of where it says HP Color LaserJet CM1312MFP series with other options. Scan should be one of those options.
Occasional Visitor
Jacqueline Hall
Message 3 of 4 (2,913 Views)

I had this problem as well (on a windows 7 64-bit computer), but found that I could get the sacanning function by clicking 'devices and printers' on the rhs of the start menu, then clicking the printer icon, and then the scan option. There is no 'hp laser scan' in the hp menu, when installed on win7 64-bit computer. Hopefully HP will sort this out soon, as it took me ages to find the work-around.
Occasional Visitor
Hackedoff
Message 4 of 4 (2,029 Views)

I can't see a scan option following the method you outline.  No scan option appears whatever I click!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.