Re: HP Laserjet 400 just says "Printing Document".. won't print or let me cancel (157 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Raiden616
Message 1 of 3 (165 Views)

HP Laserjet 400 just says "Printing Document".. won't print or let me cancel

When I try and print something on HP Laserjet 400 color printer, the printer seems to receive the job correctly: the light starts blinking green and the display changes to "Printing Document". Unfortunately it never progresses past this point, and stays blinking and showing "Printing Document" forever.

If I try and cancel the document by pressing the "X" then it says "Cancelling"...., then "Ready".... but then, after a brief moment goes back to "Printing Document".

Um....Help?

Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
Oldscout
Message 2 of 3 (157 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 400 just says "Printing Document".. won't print or let me cancel

Start by updating your firmware, something has become corrupt.
I would also update the driver.
Those are your 2 best starting points.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Imagenet_Tech
Message 3 of 3 (137 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 400 just says "Printing Document".. won't print or let me cancel

Hello, before anything, power off the machine, unplug from the network and power back on see if the machine comes to ready, and see if you can print a config page. If there is no issue at this point, then flash firmware, and clear the que before plugging back into the network.

Hope this helps....

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation