HP Laserjet 3055 No Print Cartridge (4956 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Mark Crum
Message 1 of 17 (4,956 Views)

HP Laserjet 3055 No Print Cartridge

I'm getting "No print Cartridge" error mesage. Put in a new cartridge same message PLEASE HELP
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
patrik bourne
Message 2 of 17 (4,956 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 3055 No Print Cartridge

i just got the same message today after installing a brand new cartridge... what was ur result? did u get it fixed?.... pls tell me how...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Mark Crum
Message 3 of 17 (4,956 Views)

Not Fixed Still Need Help!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
patrik bourne
Message 4 of 17 (4,956 Views)

well mine is now working im not sure exatly what i did but now its working.... heres everything i did ..... left printer unplugged with it open without a cartridge in it for abt a half hr...blew into where the toner goes... there was some debri from the old cartridge... i then put down the top of the printer and plugged it back in.... it went to the ready screen so i lifted it back up and put in the new cartridge and now everything is fine...but maybe it was just a fluke... hp has yet to espond to my issue... big surprise there... lemme know how u do...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Mark Crum
Message 5 of 17 (4,956 Views)

Got it fixed!!! Took cart out and poked around found a white lever on left side down inside that was stuck got it moving again and now works fine. Thanks for your input.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Scott O'Haver
Message 6 of 17 (4,956 Views)

I got it working based on the prior replies we saw. Printer was turned off overnight. We pulled the cartridge out (basically new) and pushed on that white lever--up and down a few times inside the printer on the deep left. Put the cartridge back into and and went to ready and was good to go.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
JOHN SPURGEON
Message 7 of 17 (4,956 Views)

MINE DID THE SAME THING AND THE LITTLE WHITE LEVER WAS STUCK ON 3052, THANKS

JOHN WM. SPURGEON
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Miguel Class
Message 8 of 17 (4,956 Views)

remove 3 screw 2 in back 1 on metal plate. cause by paper jam remove wrong way flag sensor for toner came off snap back on
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Philip Rogers
Message 9 of 17 (4,956 Views)

Pressing the white lever worked. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Mgordon
Message 10 of 17 (4,956 Views)

I was getting the same error message and it drove me insane!! Thanks for all the advice in here. The white lever was what worked for me too!!!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Wayne Loo
Message 11 of 17 (4,976 Views)

I had the same problem and swapped with a new cartridge to no avail. Checked this forum and fiddled with the white lever. Didn't help.

Then I found another thread regarding the same topic, which said that it could actually be a paper jam which messes up the sensor. I checked, and that indeed was the problem. There was a sheet that was just partially fed in, so it was easy not to notice. After removing the sheet, no more problem.

Seems that the error message can be misleading sometimes.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
vincent mallamo
Message 12 of 17 (4,976 Views)

Take out the paper. I found that a sheet was partially fed in, when I removed it it was fine thanks to Wayne Loo
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Charles Bevins
Message 13 of 17 (4,976 Views)

Got same error message. Thought that it was odd given that the cartridge was pretty new. Bought new cartridge. Same error message -- very frustrating. Jiggle white lever seemed to work.
Sad that HP didn't formally respond to this thread. I'd expect better from HP.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jrdaley12
Message 14 of 17 (4,524 Views)

which one is the flag sensor for toner?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 15 of 17 (4,522 Views)

[ Edited ]

There isnt a flag sensor for toner in laser printers.

Toner is sensed by a combination of things, if the cartridge has an E-label then it reads that, also it detects current drawn from the high voltage through the developer - the toner is conductive as it contains magnetite.

The first detection is the current drawn, this provides cartridge detect signal.

Inside the cartridge there is a small flat plate, this picks up the current passing through the toner, providing a signal to the toner level sensor, this provides toner level sense.

All of these depend on one thing, the drum must have a good earth - the white lever your playing with engages the earth, no earth = no cartridge detect, no toner detect.

The flag being mentioned in the interim posts appears to be the registration flag, this is a different fault so try to focus on your particular issue and not divert.

If there is media present, a power cycle is always first - the printer should try and flush any media,if not always remove media in the direction of travel, pulling it backwards can and will damage flags.

Apologies in not seeing this post sooner, I would have responded.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jwcash
Message 16 of 17 (3,229 Views)

I install a new ink cartridge and stii no cartridgr message .help!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jwcash
Message 17 of 17 (3,227 Views)

by jayman. To fix the no cartridge problem first pull the feed paper back as some may be in the way of the white lever having tension on it. It must kick forward not just flop back and stay.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation