HP LaserJet flow MFP M525c Firmware upgrading interrupted (232 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Leioo2000
Message 1 of 2 (232 Views)

HP LaserJet flow MFP M525c Firmware upgrading interrupted

[ Edited ]

Hello there, my office bought a new multi-functional printer HP LaserJet flow MFP M525c yesterday, and I downloaded the latest firmware this morning to upgrade my device, but the installation process of the .bdl file was unexpectedly interrupted. After rebooting, the control panel shows “Communication lost (device <-> control panel)” in 5 different languages and nothing more. I can’t do anything with it now because it is totally stuck on that error screen. I searched on Google and some suggestions mentioned the “Pre-Boot walk-up USB thumb drive”, but I have no idea where to access this interface to load the file on my USB flash (it mentioned after rebooting, I need to press a red cross button when the HP logo is on the screen, but I find no red cross button). Can anyone help me, thanks so much in advance.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Laserjet to Multifunction and All-in-One. - Hp Forum Moderator

Valued Contributor
Imagenet_Tech
Message 2 of 2 (218 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet flow MFP M525c Firmware upgrading interrupted

Hello, the pre-boot menu for this model is right when you see the hp symbol in the middle of the screen, you see one before that at the top of the screen, but as soon as you see the symbol move to the center press it, and it should put you in the pre-boot menu. Sounds like you may need to just do a partial clean, and reload firmware.

Hope this helps.....

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.