HP LaserJet Send Fax Fatal Error (1155 Views)
Occasional Contributor
smetz71
Message 1 of 3 (1,155 Views)

HP LaserJet Send Fax Fatal Error

HP LaserJet Send Fax Fatal Error

I am unable to fax from my computer using MSWord, QuickBooks, etc. Any attempt to fax using the PRINTER HP LASERJET M1530 MFP SERIES PCL 6 application results in the error dialog titled: "HP LaserJet Send Fax Fatal Error". Message: "The device may be busy or the device memory may be full." However, I am able to fax from the console with no problems. Also I am able to scan and print documents from the PC desktop fine.

Addtionally, the PC used to be able to receive the faxes directly to the PC, this does not work anymore either.

Printer firmware has been updated to the most current version.

Model: HP LaserJet M1536dnf MFP
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit.

This problem started when the laptop was taken home, and when brought back to the office, this occured. I have tried uninstalling the printer and reinstalling several times, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions,

SM

Occasional Visitor
mardkins
Message 2 of 3 (264 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet Send Fax Fatal Error

[ Edited ]

Did you ever get any resolution to this?  I am having exactly the same problem and need to get it fixed. 

Thanks for any help.

Occasional Visitor
Saundra
Message 3 of 3 (125 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet Send Fax Fatal Error

I have a Laserjet pro 400 color MFP m475dw and I too have experienced this problem on all three of my computers...my oldest computer (Win 7 - 64bit) the tech downgraded my IE11 to IE10 and that seemed to do the trick - i could fax from my computer.  I haven't tested receiving on my computer didn't know it could do that but i'll check it out later.  However on my newest computer a (Win 8.1 - 64bit) it came with IE11 preinstalled and can't be downgraded so no luck there.   My third computer (Win 7 - 64 bit) with IE11, I didn't bother changing anything...didn't want to take the time.  I would really love a fix. 

Error Message:  HP Laserjet send fax fatal error - the device may be disconnected, powered off, or it's network settings may have changed.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.