Re: I need help HP LaserJet CM4540 MFP (406 Views)
Occasional Advisor
alvaroh
Message 26 of 31 (413 Views)

Re: I need help HP LaserJet CM4540 MFP

Hello, According to your previous post, I realized the process of partial cleaning and installation of firmware, resulting in the same problem: When you turn on the printer performs all his load but stays in "Initializing ..." and the counter increases indefinitely.

I wish I could download the latest firmware versions. You want me furnish.

Please I need your feedback to solve this problem. Thank you very much in advance.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Imagenet_Tech
Message 27 of 31 (406 Views)

Hello, you can always try a full disk clear, same process as the partial, and load firmware. Also, try powering on the machine off the network, see if it comes to ready, at the same time, clear the print queue. When you say indefinitely what number have you let it get up to before turning it off? Had that happen to me once but machine came to ready with a scanner error, in which case I powered down the machine and reseated connectors to the scanner control board.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
alvaroh
Message 28 of 31 (397 Views)

Hello, 

I left the machine in the initialization process more than 24 hours reaching the number 324500 and can continue advancing the counter indefinitely.

I try to install a previous version of firmware. It could provide me the .bdl file???

Thanks for your reply.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
alvaroh
Message 29 of 31 (377 Views)

Hello,

According to the above message I ask you to help me solve the problem that I have with the printer described in this issue.

Additionally also inform you that I have another printer of the same model that had the error message: 49.38.07 error, but with the installation of the latest firmware might solve it satisfactorily.

Do not understand how two printers of the same model, have similar errors with similar solutions but do not respond well once applied the firmware installation.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to a prompt response.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Imagenet_Tech
Message 30 of 31 (375 Views)

Hello, I have newer firmware files, only way I can think of to send you a firmware is by dropbox or something like that, or provide the newer firmware with link for you. But not sure what HP has done with the latest firmware when I tried to install the latest I got an error stating that it was incomplete.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome?javax.portlet.begCacheTo...

Here is a link to the latest firmware though.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
tep1981
Message 31 of 31 (38 Views)

My issue is different, when I power on I get the HP logo then communication failed error page switch off then on, this does nothing

Pressing the stop button on boot does nothing, I've determined that the hard drive is faulty by swapping out the formatter board from another printer, I've tried many variables with each formatter board, every time the hard drive is the failure

Is this simply a case of formatting the hard drive, switching back on then installing the latest firmware file from a USB stick?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation