HP LaserJet 4345 MFP Scan to Folder Error (1709 Views)
Occasional Visitor
nvk100
Message 1 of 1 (1,709 Views)

HP LaserJet 4345 MFP Scan to Folder Error

We have two 4345 MFPs in a workgroup setting, with a computer acting as a printserver.

The issue that I am having is when I'm trying to scan a document on Printer 2, I get a vague "Access Denied" error. But Printer2 prints just fine for all network users. In the Webadmin panel of the printer, I get the following error message: Unable to perform the requested operation due to the following mfp access error: General Device Access Failure.

Further if I try to set up a public access scan folder, I get the following error message: Attention!
General Device Access Failure.
The mfp user account id ’’ has insufficient network access privilege on this system for Windows LogonUser authentication to take place.

Printer 1 scans and prints just fine, and is set up the same way as printer 2. Further, both the printers were on a switch, I have removed the switch and have connected Printer 2 directly to the router but the same errors remain.

I have searched all over but have found very little information on this particular problem. What could be attributing to this error?

Thank You for any help.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.