Re: HP LJ M4345 MFP - Print incoming fax AND forward to email? (2030 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Joseph Vavpetic
Message 1 of 7 (2,458 Views)

HP LJ M4345 MFP - Print incoming fax AND forward to email?

I have an HP LaserJet M4345 MFP (latest firmware 20080405 48.061.8) and am wondering if it is possible to have an incoming fax both print AND automatically forward to an email address. I can do this on a different Sharp fax machine and am surprised it can't be done easily on the HP. I know you can forward faxes to a different fax number, but why not to an email address? Right now, I've cludged the 4345 so that it prints the fax and forwards it to the fax number of the Sharp fax machine, which then sends it to a gmail account. This certainly lacks elegance. I wonder if I am missing something or if you know of a good workaround. Thanks!
Frequent Advisor
sean hannan
Message 2 of 7 (2,458 Views)

Re: HP LJ M4345 MFP - Print incoming fax AND forward to email?

Yes the HP MFP's do lack this feature. Its suprising since almost every other brand copier and MFP in the market has this feature built in.

You are limited to using 3rd party plugins to forward fax to email. Some solutions are :
EZFax2Email from Myepsoft
MFP Toolbox from Datascan

These are EWS plugins that are easy to install. Lets hope HP release this feature in future firmware revisions
HP Pro
tiffarific
Message 3 of 7 (2,123 Views)

The feature you are looking for is called "HP Digital Fax".  It is offered on some of the newer products.  There is also the Digital Sending Software that might have that capability.  But you have to pay for it.

I work for HP!
Occasional Visitor
Ken Kuhle_1
Message 4 of 7 (2,040 Views)

I can't find HP Digital Fax on HP's site.  We have several CM4345 MFP's and I'm trying to forward multiple fax numbers to multiple mailboxes.

Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 5 of 7 (2,037 Views)

Digital fax is a feature which is installed directly on the printer and accessed through the EWS.  The 4345 does not support Digital Fax so you will have to look into DSS or a newer model as your solution. 

I'm not sure DSS can do what you are requesting anyways.  I dont see any options for fax forwarding to multiple mailboxes under our version of the software. 

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 6 of 7 (2,032 Views)

I would look into DSS, we have some customers who have 3rd party plugins so they can do some clever tricks with it, one customer scans a document, it's embedded with a bar code, a copy sent to archive, , one to accounts, a copy to the customer (with additional documents added) and one faxed to accounts with different sheets attached.

They have a  3rd party button on the control panel pushed to the 4345 so they can scan normally, email or trigger the special events.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 7 of 7 (2,030 Views)

Kevin,

Could you share with us the name of these 3rd party plugins for DSS?  I was not aware that you could modify the software away from the default settings and would like to do some research. 

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.