HP LJ M2727NF - Shutting down on its own (1295 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Rexin
Message 1 of 6 (1,295 Views)

HP LJ M2727NF - Shutting down on its own

I have the aforementioned printer, when I attempt to turn the machine on, the control panel displays:

HP LaserJet M2727nf

Then it shuts down.

I have browsed the manuals, but this message is not listed in the error codes.

Could anyone help me diagnose what the problem could be?  Power supply? formatter board?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Rexin
Message 2 of 6 (1,294 Views)

Re: HP LJ M2727NF - Shutting down on its own

Just to add, the unit is plugged directly into a wall outlet which has been confirmed good.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Lane D. Callahan
Message 3 of 6 (1,291 Views)

The formatters on this model are prone to failure. Power cycling is one of the issues. There is a service note extending the warranty on the formatter. Call your local HP service provider and they can replace it for you.

Lane

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 6 (1,289 Views)

As I mention in another post the service note has changed and most of the ones out there are no longer covered. There is a fix you can do yourself. You basically need to "bake" the formatter board. I have done dozens for this model and all of them come back to life. What you do is remove the formatter (service manual link below), remove any removable chips and tape by the memory slot and place the board in a baking pan propped up so the chips are facing up and the bottom does not touch the pan. Now pre-heat a good oven to 350F (177C) and when the oven is ready, place the pan with the board in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove a let cool for 15 minutes and put back in the printer and odds are the printer will work just fine. Let us know how you make out.

http://www.feedroller.com/store/Service%20Manual/HP-LJ-M2727-MFP-Manual.pdf
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Rexin
Message 5 of 6 (1,285 Views)

I have read about this baking method, but read 400 degrees for 5 minutes, with a cool down of 10...

Wonder if it would make a difference.
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 6 of 6 (1,277 Views)

It should. For this printer stick to 350F (177C) as the board has a battery for settings backup and at 400F you might blow the battery.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation