HP LJ 3150 (25 Views)
Occasional Visitor
bobbybmw
Message 1 of 4 (25 Views)

HP LJ 3150

I have an HP LaserJet printer/copier/scanner/fax and it prints, copies and sends faxes but it will not scan. Previously, it was hooked up to a desktop running on NT. Now I have it hooked up to an IBM ThinkPad running on Windows XP via a parallel/usb connection. Previously, when I load the document, I get a pop-up choice if I want to copy or scan. Now no pop-ups. I hope someone out there can assist me. I have downloaded the Windows XP driver. Thank you. Bob
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Brad Stefonek
Message 2 of 4 (25 Views)

Re: HP LJ 3150

If you are using a converter from parallel to USB the printer may lose the ability to comunicate with the PC in respect to fax/scan/copy. In the process of converting usb to parallel I believe the 2-way data communication will be lost. Unfortunately this is the reason a lot of the older all in one machines are being replaced.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
bobbybmw
Message 3 of 4 (25 Views)

Thanks Brad! I guess there is no alternative but to get a newer model. Does it matter if I am able to download the Windows XP version, or not? This is good news for HP as that would mean I would need to purchase a newer model.
Bob
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Brad Stefonek
Message 4 of 4 (25 Views)

Whether it is the XP version or not I don't think it will matter in this respect. One of the companies that make this converter had a note not recommending the converter for All in One printers due to these issues.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation