HP Cue DeviceDiscovery Service (122 Views)
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 1 of 4 (122 Views)

HP Cue DeviceDiscovery Service

Hello,

We have had many problems with our 1522's since we started rolling them out about 6-7 months ago. The most annoying and frustrating problem is when our drivers get deleted after plugging in the device.

We have tracked the problem down to something called the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service". When we turned off this service we no longer had the driver problem.

Does anyone know anything about this service? What is it used for? What are the harms in disabling it? Are there new versions available somewhere?

Any information anyone can provide me will be helpful. Thanks in advance!
Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 4 (122 Views)

Re: HP Cue DeviceDiscovery Service

After contacting HP Premiere Support I have not been able to identify anything new about this service.

All that I know is that it gets installed with the HP Toolbox Software and without it, the "Start Scan" and "Scan To" buttons do not work. We get the old "Device not Setup on PC" error message.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 3 of 4 (122 Views)

The solution to our problem was turning off this service through Services.msc.

It was important to not turn off the service as a part of the installation. The service is needed to create the initial connection with the printer.

After the installation is complete it was safe to turn off the service and we never lost the driver or print spools again.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 4 of 4 (122 Views)

See above
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.