HP Color LaserJet CM6040 MFP - 58.04 Error message (error code not in service manual) (7969 Views)
Frequent Visitor
MCS-David
Message 1 of 3 (7,969 Views)

HP Color LaserJet CM6040 MFP - 58.04 Error message (error code not in service manual)

[ Edited ]

We have an HP color laserjet CM6040 MFP that is displaying an unknown error message of 58.04 . I have checked the service manual and that code doesn't exist. The event log shows the error as a device error. After doing some reading on some online blogs reagrding this error, I have recently replaced The LVPS (low voltage power supply) and changed the wake times. The error only comes up when it is exiting power-save mode. Some other steps that I have tried is upgrading the firmware (current firmware= 20110215 52.132.6) (previous firmware= 20080405 52.012.0) and replacing the fuser.

I found this piece of info this morning about 58.04 errors and it suggested that I replace the Toner sensor then the DC Controller.

[X] = have preformed step

58.4 Errors (4 is power supply)

1. Verify customer is using OEM cartridge (drum should be seafoam green) [X]
    2. LVPS [X]
    3. Toner sensor contact
    4. DC Controller

Can anyone please help me solve or better understand this 58.04 Error ? I have attached a copy of the most recent Event Log to help with the troubleshooting.

Thank you

David

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 2 of 3 (7,924 Views)

Re: HP Color LaserJet CM6040 MFP - 58.04 Error message (error code not in service manual)

[ Edited ]

Your firmware is still a version behind current (5.162)

I would always upgrade to current version first.

I've checked HP advisories,unless you are a HP partner I cannot comment on the outcome of the search in this forum (As an HP engineer I am subject to non disclosure agreement) - I would therefore insist you upgrade to this firmware.

If you are a HP channel partner then you should be able to search CSN, remember the CM6040 is also the CM6030 and the CP6015 so you need to check all three models.

The steps you have found are not fully correct , although you are on the right lines about the time period involved. as such this issues is subject to speculation due to the disclosure level.

Check DC controller firmware as well, it needs to be V1.61 or above - replacing it will not resolve, it will be upgraded by the FW update.

Sorry not to answer your question directly but as I am subject to HP non disclosure I cannot offer to answer the question privately either, my advice is simply, upgrade as recommended, contact HP if the issue persists.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
DaveK.
Message 3 of 3 (7,907 Views)

Re: HP Color LaserJet CM6040 MFP - 58.04 Error message (error code not in service manual)

As the previous post states, your FW needs to be upgraded.  There is a fix for the symptom you mention in the FW version 20081205  52.031.1 or newer.

If you have upgraded to this version of FW and the 58.04 Errors still occur, then you can try replacing the Fuser Power Supply (since you have already tried the LVPS).

Although I am an HP employee, the input provided is my own and does not represent HP position.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation