HP Color LaserJet 4730 mfp - 49.00ff when scanning color documents (186 Views)
Occasional Collector
vicks
Message 1 of 2 (186 Views)

HP Color LaserJet 4730 mfp - 49.00ff when scanning color documents

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I own an HP Color LaserJet 4730mfp. Recently I have started receiving "49.00ff turn off then on" errors when I scan a color document to email or to a folder. Black and white documents scan properly.

I have tried installing the latest firmware as some users on another forum have suggested but that didn't help, and I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this issue, so I am turning to this forum hoping that someone has another solution!

Thank you,

Vicks~

P.S. This thread has been moved from Laserjet to Multifunction and All-in-One. - HP Forum Moderator

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 2 (165 Views)

Re: HP Color LaserJet 4730 mfp - 49.00ff when scanning color documents

What happens if you copy a color document. Do you still get the error. If not, then something with the sending either to folder or email is not working right. I would reset the printer and setup the email and copy to folder again to see if that solves the issue. If you still get the error when copying color documents, then it is possible you have an issue with the scanner, scanner control board or formatter. Keep in mind 49 errors are firmware (operating system) errors so something with the operating system is not working right and since you already loaded the latest firmware, that would lead to a hardware issue.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.