Re: HP 476DW Set-up Issue (640 Views)
Occasional Visitor
wonderin32
Message 1 of 6 (672 Views)

HP 476DW Set-up Issue

We just received a HP 476DW Officejet Pro printer and when I'm trying to go through the set-up I get an error saying that there is a problem with the ink or the printer (0x6100000b).  

I've tried unplugging it, but HP support mentioned that the printer might just be cold (we are in Michigan and it is freezing here).  The ink cartridges are definitely cold, printer feels room temperature to the touch.

Is this a real problem with setting up the printer?

Valued Contributor
Imagenet_Tech
Message 2 of 6 (640 Views)

Re: HP 476DW Set-up Issue

Hello, I would try and do as HP support says give them the benefit of the doubt, even though that makes no sense, as I have recently have had to replace the other versions or this machine, (576, 551). Either way, I am sure you will have to get level 2 support and have them ship you another machine, because I am almost sure that the machine just being cold is not the issue.

Also, to save you some trouble I have tried looking up the error codes I have come across and looked for training, as well as, a manual with no luck. So it seems we are stuck contacting HP in regards to issues with these machines.

HP Pro
WilliamG-HP-Eng
Message 3 of 6 (492 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I checked out the error code and it is related to temperature. This product has an operating temperature range spec of 15C-40C (59F-104F). In order to resolve your issue, just put the printer in an office environment in the temperature range listed and give it at least 12 hours to get up to temperature.

If you attempt to start it up again after putting it in the right environment and waiting, the error should go away. If the error doesn't go away (or your printer was never exposed to a cold temperature in the first place), talk to support as it's always possible it's a sensor or firmware issue (in my experience, this is really unlikely but obviously possible).

Hope that helps!

I'm an R&D mechanical engineer at Hewlett-Packard working on business inkjet printers.
HP Pro
HUST2
Message 4 of 6 (464 Views)

Hello wonderin32,

Hope that the solution provided above is able to solve your problem. Just to add on that the error code 0x6100000b indicated the temperature sensor in the printer detected the print engine inside (not the printer cover) was too cold (maybe below 5 degree C). If this error code did not go away during the re-try after the pinter sit in room temperature for at lest 12 hrs, it might be the sensor itself get problem and you should call HP Customer Support.

I work for HP.
I work for HP
Occasional Collector
Strail
Message 5 of 6 (246 Views)

I bought two of these X476dw printers. Initially loved them. However, at just past 5 weeks the second of my pair stopped printing two of the four colors. HP sent replacement printer (long story passed up to get to my point) and lo and behold, new printer won't even GET PAST first ink initiation, and it gives me 0x61000013 now, but was originally giving me a code 0x610000d3, informing me that there was an ink system or printer failure. Temperature here (texas) is WAY not the issue. i'm now waiting on yet a THIRD replacement, this one never getting even past the first ink priming. Sigh. Love the speed of them, but i've got well over 1200 bucks sitting like lead weight while i've got products to sell..................

Valued Contributor
Mikeg81
Message 6 of 6 (232 Views)

Hello Strail,

Call HP for this.

They should send you a tech with a replacement unit, the Tech should make sure the replacement unit is working fine.

If you still have problems, there is an elevation path to follow in order to find a solution for you.

Here is the number for you to call 800-334-5144.

Best regards

Mike G

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.