03-02-2007 04:01 PM
03-01-2008 10:51 PM
03-02-2008 10:03 PM
The issue is that Scan function is nt communicating, fr this you have to run Fixscan utility, which is to be downloaded..
run this utility and then try scanning.. it should wrk...
If the OS is XP, then here is the utility, if not plz search in Hp website. tou ll get it easily.
I am an HP Employee.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
Click the Kudos star if this was helpful. Thank You!
03-03-2008 12:38 AM
03-03-2008 09:04 PM
02-15-2010 03:00 PM
03-15-2010 05:32 AM
1. Uninstall the Printer Software completely by inserting the installation CD (if you have) or through Add/Remove Program
2. Restart Computer.
3. From HP website, download the Post Script Driver Application and NOT PCL Driver since you connect your printer over network). For 3055 for Windows XP you can download the Post Script Driver from here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/S
Alternatively, you can search for the Post Script Driver for your relevant Printer and Operating System here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/P
4. Run this file.
5. When the program starts searching for a device (Do not wait for it to finish searching) follow these steps to add your printer manually:
5a. Go to the Add a Printer Dialog Box.
5b. Click on Add a Printer
5c. Select Local Printer
5d. Select 'Create a new Port'
5e. Select HP Standard TCP/IP Port and Click Next
5e. In the Box 'Printer Name / IP Address', Write the IP address of your Printer and click Next.
5f. From the Dialog Box that appears Select HP as the Brand and the relevant Model Number of your Printer (3050 series in this case) and finish installing your printer.
6. Cancel and close The Post Script Driver application that is running.
7. Reinstall the Printer Software from the CD (Caution: DO NOT Connect Printer with USB Port anytime) and select the relevant options i.e. Printer Connected over Network. (This will take some time to complete)
8. Once over, if an additional printer appears in the List of Printers (with a PCL driver) you can safely delete that and select the Printer with the Post Script Driver as your default Printer.
9. Done. Check your scanning should work. It worked for me.