HP 3030 scanning from device and software and with Acrobat (198 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Message 1 of 6 (198 Views)

HP 3030 scanning from device and software and with Acrobat

[ Edited ]

I am writing about my hp 3030 all in one, running Windows XP sp 3. 

#1.

When I try to scan from device, I get Error Message saying "Scanning error cannot connect" on the face of the device.

On the computer screen, the message in the lower left hand corner is "Waiting for 127.0.0.0..." , and the upper left hand corner says "Connecting", but it never connects.  Then another error message appears on the screen saying "The HP imaging device could not be initialized.  An error has occurred while communicating with the device.  Make sure the device's power cord and cable are properly attached and plugged in.  (then a couple more sentences)"

Only change made is that I uninstalled the hp 3030 software and reinstalled it.  I've spent hours on the web and with the manual trying to do this.

#2.

Today, I am unable to use Adobe Acrobat to scan to a file on the 3030.  When I try, the device gives an error message saying "Scanning error cannot connect" on the face of the device.  I was able to do this recently but cannot reconstruct how I did it. 

However, even when I was able to use Adobe Acrobat to scan to a file on the 3030, the file always comes out as a jpg, never a pdf.

#3.  Assuming the above can be fixed, how can I use the ADF to scan from the device or the software?

Thank you for your assistance!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Laserjet to Multifunction and All-in-One. - Hp Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
chimten
Message 2 of 6 (179 Views)

Re: HP 3030 scanning from device and software and with Acrobat

Hi 8177,

I believe your issue for #1 & #2 are that you cannot connect to your scanner.  I would recommend following the troubleshooting steps that HP has provided here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00896190&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en#N115

Choose Windows XP and attempt the resolutions step-by-step.  Please let me know which steps & solutions you have tried.  I would recommend running the HP Print & Scan Doctor as it will help to check whether the connection between your 3030 & your WinXP machine work.  Select your 3030 printer, choose the appropriate connection (ex: USB), and click "Fix Scanning."  Let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

=======================================
I work on behalf of HP; however, my responses do not reflect the opinions of the company. If you find a solution, please give Kudos by selecting the star below my username.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Message 3 of 6 (171 Views)

thank you, i will do so now.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Message 4 of 6 (167 Views)

I followed all your preliminary directions.  Then I installed and ran the HP print and scan doctor.  The doctor recognizes my 3030, but when the doctor tries to communicate with the 3030, the result is "The selected product is not connected".

Per the directions for the next step, I selected that I am connecting to the 3030 using a USB and I performed every step it suggested.  I cannot get beyond "The selected product is not connected", so I can't get to the "fix scan" part of the doctor utility.

I want to add that the printer and fax work fine.

Thank you...

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Message 5 of 6 (138 Views)

As you can see from my reply below, I followed your instructions exactly and reported back.  Since I hadn't heard back from anyone, I thought it might be best to do an uninstall of the laserjet 3030 software and a fresh install.  I did it from my original disc and downloaded and installed all drivers. 

I still get the same error message: 

When I try to scan from device, I get Error Message saying "Scanning error cannot connect" on the face of the device.

When I try to scan with Adobe Acrobat the device gives an error message saying "Scanning error cannot connect" on the face of the device. 

I would like someone to contact me.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
chimten
Message 6 of 6 (119 Views)

Hi 8177,

My apologies, for some reason I was not subsribed to this thread via e-mail.  I've verified that I'm subscribed now so I should be getting updates.

I would like you to try a "Fix Scan Utility" that HP has placed online in a maintenance page:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?lang=en&cc=us&sp4ts....

Please let me know if this helps to check that the product is connected.

In future posts, could you attempt to attach screenshots of your error messages?  On a Windows, you can press the "PrintScrn" button located on the top mid-right corner, then open up Paint and press Ctrl-V.  Feel free to move the picture such that only the error message/setup screens are shown.  When saving, please save it as a JPG or PNG (do not save BMP, they are large).  Then you can attach the image with the Attachments below.

Thanks.

=======================================
I work on behalf of HP; however, my responses do not reflect the opinions of the company. If you find a solution, please give Kudos by selecting the star below my username.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation