Re: (Fax problem)Laserjet CM2320 fxi Multifunction Unit (1131 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Hin Wong
Message 1 of 5 (2,549 Views)

(Fax problem)Laserjet CM2320 fxi Multifunction Unit

Hi , I new purchase a CM2320 MFP. I tested with fax function and find some other fax machines cannot fax inside to this printer but some work. HP engineer explain to me that machine cannot support some transmit format but don't know what is this. If someone have any idea, please advise.

Thank you very much.
Occasional Visitor
joerg witt
Message 2 of 5 (2,549 Views)

Re: (Fax problem)Laserjet CM2320 fxi Multifunction Unit

Hi, i have also problem with fax function setup at all. The intial selftest told me everythink is ok, but i have in- and outbound problems with fax comunication. MFP pickup the incoming call, but did not recognize it as fax call. I am just at the start with my analyse, saw already that maybe it is not possible to connect HP MFP analog fax modem through a ISDN converter. Will check with a different converter, I use today CM2320fxi, Siemens Gigaset 1054 ISDN, connected via BOSCH NTBA and Siemens DSL Splitter. I let you know any further results.
Occasional Visitor
Terrance Arroyo
Message 3 of 5 (2,549 Views)

I have a similar problem but it's sort of demented.

So I had a bad toner (never happend to me before) and support had me upgrade the firmware (don't ask, she made me run clean 7 times and calibrate 5 times, I was in the twilight zone). Since the firmware upgrade it appears the fax thinks its ports on the back have been swapped. It now only passes if I plug the phone line into the telephone port, and if its plugged into the wall jack port it fails. Obviously it's not going to pick up a call on the telephone port or make one...

So more or less something is wrong with the firmware I was asked to upgrade to. Now it won't recieve calls even when plugged in properly, just says incoming call and won't make any calls. It's plugged into an analog port through an NEC SV8100 phone system.
Occasional Visitor
Tan Ken Hai
Message 4 of 5 (2,549 Views)

My HP Color Laserjet CM2320fxi MFP printer can't send & receive faxes too, the worst is the printer keep on reset(power OFF then ON automatically),phoned to HP Technical support & they want me to reset to factory default setting & firmware updated but still the same problem. they arrange a onsite engineer come to replace the hardware(for fax).
Occasional Visitor
Shayoohox
Message 5 of 5 (1,131 Views)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.