Error Message: There is no TWAIN-compliant Device installed. Please install one and try again. (44822 Views)
Occasional Visitor
almco almco
Message 1 of 33 (44,822 Views)

Error Message: There is no TWAIN-compliant Device installed. Please install one and try again.

I am getting the above subj. message. could you help me?
Trusted Contributor
ANNIE
Message 2 of 33 (44,002 Views)

Re: Error Message: There is no TWAIN-compliant Device installed. Please install one and try again.

Hi Almco,
Can you mention your product name/number?
Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** If found useful, please assign kudos located at the left hand side.
Thanks.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Occasional Visitor
Sinem Canım
Message 3 of 33 (44,002 Views)

Re: Error Message: There is no TWAIN-compliant Device installed. Please install one and try again.

I have the same problem with my HP Laserjet M1005 printer. How can I solve the problem?
Occasional Visitor
Kelley Starr
Message 4 of 33 (44,002 Views)

I get the same message with a hp laserjet 3380 which is connected via USB cable. Printer works fine. Scanner does not. Need help on this one.
Occasional Visitor
rlhaigh
Message 5 of 33 (43,201 Views)

There is no Twain-compliant Device installed.  Please install one and try again. I have Laserjet 3380/

Neighborhood Moderator
affableLJ
Message 6 of 33 (43,002 Views)

Occasional Visitor
designerhomes
Message 7 of 33 (37,777 Views)

Tried to get help from HP online but all they did was give me the web site to sign up for updates.  That did not help.  Really need my scanner to work so what is this message about and how can it be fixed?

Occasional Visitor
ykyung
Message 8 of 33 (35,967 Views)

I have a new LaserJet ProM1132 MFP printer/scanner/copier connected to my Dell Computer.  My OS is Windows Vista 32.   When I try to run the scanner, an error message came up and said "There is no TWAIN-compliance device installed.  Please install one and try again".

I tried uninstalled and reinstalled the printer a few times and the error message is still there.  Please help.

Occasional Visitor
amiirhossein
Message 9 of 33 (35,447 Views)

Hi, I had same problem, and changed my profile then this problem solved. try it!
Occasional Visitor
solankimv
Message 10 of 33 (34,338 Views)

Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 11 of 33 (34,327 Views)

you might want to check if its a permissions issue with the scanner, it may be you need to check on administrator and if it works then assign the relevent permissions.

From the posts the issue is obviously not the printer as there are several models quoted so you need to look at the common denominator which would be the OS.

Be mindful as well of local firewall, I've had that stop access to services even though they were on USB but it's easy enough to turn firewall off and test, then try on administrator level and so on.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Occasional Visitor
rm132
Message 12 of 33 (34,056 Views)

i have a hp laserjet 3020 i get this message when i am trying to use the scanner

Occasional Visitor
Vlad1970
Message 13 of 33 (33,775 Views)

I have a HP Color LaserJet CM1312nfi MFP and I continue getting the following error message when I try to scan.

"There is no TWAIN-compliant device installed. Please install one and try again."

I have tried turning both the computer and HP device on/off, uninstall software and reinstall, but nothing is fixing the problem.

Can someone provide some assistance? Thanks.

ANNIE wrote:
Hi Almco,
Can you mention your product name/number?
Thanks

Occasional Visitor
Agnetha
Message 14 of 33 (32,371 Views)

I am also having this same problem , printer is HP Laserjet M2727nf , all in , printing works , scanning does not .

PC is working on windows 7

Can anybody can give me instructions how to have my scanner working  again ?

Thanks so much

Advisor
robrupp
Message 15 of 33 (32,312 Views)

[ Edited ]

Did you ever get an answer about the Twain Drivers? I'm getting the same response and it's driving me crazy.

Please help, any solution?

Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 16 of 33 (32,290 Views)

If you can't get windows to see the scanner then I would consider cleaning the driver out totally including the scanner driver, install then connect the printer when it asks for.

Normally your TWAIN drivers are in the full driver package but you should see in the description if they are contained in your package, sometimes the scanner drivers are seperate.

TWAIN by the way, Tool Without An Interesting Name - just in case anyone wondering what it stood for.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Occasional Visitor
pronets
Message 17 of 33 (29,730 Views)

Have hp color laser jet CM 1312nfi MFP Can not load the scanner. It prints well . Sometimes in get the message No twain installed. I am windows7 64. This set up worked before In installed updates 4 days ago.

Occasional Visitor
Santosh9696
Message 18 of 33 (25,174 Views)

Hello,

We have HP Laserjet M1213nf MFP all in one printer & we are using the operating system Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard edition...

We are facing the problem when we try to scan any documents, We are really irritate about the same..

Please send us perfect solution ASAP & please fix this issue at any Condition....

Thanks in Advance..

Santosh Rokade

HP Pro
ShlomiL
Message 19 of 33 (25,110 Views)

Hello Santosh Rokade, As you may find listed on the User guide on page 24, only basic Print & Scan are supported on Windows Server 2003 or 2008. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/CoreRedirect.jsp?redirectReason=DocIndexPDF&prodSer... That means you may only scan through the Windows scanning software using WIA-Interface and any Twain-Interface is not supported as part of the software provided for Servers OSs. Shlomi
Occasional Visitor
ajffja
Message 20 of 33 (21,635 Views)

WHY HAS NO ONE REPLIED TO ANYONE'S QUESTION ON THIS???

Everyone has stated a variety of printers.  

Everyone has uninstalled and reinstalled Full Solution EXE from HP website.  

Everyone has found calling HP useless and that they want money because there software stopped working with Windows 7.

Who has a solution to this?  (i.e. WHO AT HP?)

Occasional Visitor
Pyradog
Message 21 of 33 (19,867 Views)

I  have   Hp  CM1312MFP   and now  all  now I get  is  this   error   message                                                                                                                                 

Occasional Visitor
Erik_L_F
Message 22 of 33 (16,748 Views)

So, it looks like the HP scanning software does not work on server 2003 and 2008. Only simple windows scanning is supported with "windows fax and scan".

Occasional Visitor
NanooGeek
Message 23 of 33 (16,740 Views)

The following may be more general than for a CM1312nfp.  HP 5.1 "Full Solution" under Win7 x32 (and also under WinXP as I recall) appears to use an obsolete Flash9b.ocx .  Whenever MS issues a patch that updates a newer Flash, Flash9b.ocx gets disabled, or UnRegistered.

It is possible to muck about, find Flash9b.ocs and use RegSvr32 on it. However, that may still leave the scan port set to the wrong IP, if the printer is networked.

Tends to be more straightforward to UnInstall the HP 5.1 Full Solution, reboot, reinstall HP 5.1 Full Solution, reboot.

Interestingly, have not yet had such problems with HP 5.1 Full Solution for Win7 x64, under Win8 x64.  Maybe Win8 is more tolerant of Flash variants, or ...

Occasional Visitor
blehrmann
Message 24 of 33 (13,594 Views)

I have a HP Color Laserjet CM1312nfi on a home network. Installed the latest firmware and reinstalled the full solution on all machines. Both Win7 x64 machines will print to the CM1312 but both get the scanning error message. I have an old XP SP3 machine which prints and scans. Can you help?

Occasional Visitor
gborigi
Message 25 of 33 (12,973 Views)

I have a Laserjet M1132MFP

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.