Re: Convert HP 3030 from Windows XP to Windows 7 (619 Views)
dc3
Occasional Contributor
dc3
Message 1 of 7 (853 Views)
Accepted Solution

Convert HP 3030 from Windows XP to Windows 7

convert a hp 3030 all in one from windows xp to windows 7

I have a HP 3030 all in one which has been set up on a WindowsXP laptop. I want to move it to a HP 64 bit multi core desktop which runs Windows 7. I have repeatedly tired to download several of the drivers offered on the HP site. The drivers begin to load but hang up and do not complete. The load gets to the message installing and just stays there. I have even left it alone over nite to see if it would load. On the XP laptop I have been using the 3030 PLC6 driver. I have tired to load the PLC6 driver for the Windows 7 machine but it just hangs as described above.

I would also like to load the HP tool box software supplied for the XP laptop on the Windows 7 machine so that I can scan and fax. Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks

cd3

Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 7 (821 Views)

Re: Convert HP 3030 from Windows XP to Windows 7

There is no HP scanning software for Win7 64 Bit and this printer model.  HPToolbox will not be an option for you.  You will have to take advantage of the default scanning abilities of Win7.

Use Win7 to Scan:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=...

You will have to download and install a UPD for this printer if you want the printing features to work on Win7.  Any of the UPD flavors will do so if you already tried PCL6, then feel free to try PostScript or PCL5.  Once you have the driver installed on your computer it will be safest to simply setup a new printer from the Microsoft Add a Printer wizard.  The wizard should walk you through all the steps.

A screenshot would be helpful in your situation.  Please capture one for us so we can see where you are getting stuck.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 3 of 7 (818 Views)

Well it looks like you are not even supposed to use a UPD for this printer and Win7 64Bit.  instead you are supposed to use the preinstalled drivers on Win7.

Install 3030 from Win7 pre-installed drivers:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?&objectID=c02536257

dc3
Occasional Contributor
dc3
Message 4 of 7 (767 Views)

This allows a scan but I can't seem to get it in a PDF file and each page is a separate file.  Is there a way to get a pdf file since this format allows mutiple pages.

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 5 of 7 (750 Views)

>since this format allows multiple pages.

tiff also allows multiple pages.

Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 6 of 7 (671 Views)

The only way you can create a pdf from windows is if you use an adobe application to perform the scan.otherwise you can scan thedoc as tiff and then reprint it using the adobe pdf writer print object. The adobe pdf writer is installed on your computer if you have a licensed verion of acrobat.
Frequent Advisor
DocumentRunr
Message 7 of 7 (619 Views)

Try using the PlotSoft free pdf writer.  http://www.plotsoft.com/freewriter.html It sets up like another printer in the printers folder. Scan your document to tiff or png and then print the image to file using the pdf writer. With the large number of MFP machines out there HP should consider adding scanning support to the UPD. Shoudn't software and drivers be designed to take full advantage of hardware capabilities?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.