Color Laserjet CM2320fxi MFP black lines random across pages (2633 Views)
Trusted Contributor
Message 1 of 8 (2,633 Views)

Color Laserjet CM2320fxi MFP black lines random across pages

A Color Laserjet CM2320fxi prints thick lines randomly across some pages. The lines are mostly black but can be colored.

See attachment.

What could be the error behind this?

Ole Thomsen

HP Pro
Message 2 of 8 (2,614 Views)

Re: Color Laserjet CM2320fxi MFP black lines random across pages

I couldn't see the lines in the attachment.  Could you please attach a scanned page with a higher resolution? Thanks.

HP Pro
Message 3 of 8 (2,610 Views)

I could see some vertical streaks going down the page starting at the top of the page.  Some wide and one narrow.

If the lines are pure black, then the black cartridge might be leaking from the fresh toner cavity.  If the lines are mostly black with other colors mixed in, the black cartridge might be leaking from the waste toner cavity.  If the lines are pure toner of magenta, yellow, or cyan, then those cartridge might be leaking.

If the lines show up very intermittently, then it might not be a leaking cartridge.  Leaking cartridges tend to leave a trail and continue to leave a trail.  If the lines show up  every few days, or only when you do a certain print mode like duplex for instance, then there might be an engine interaction causing the problem.

I work for HP.
Trusted Contributor
Message 4 of 8 (2,601 Views)

Sorry, I had scanned the backside of the print :-)

Correct scan is attached.

The print also has a leak from a color cartridge, but that is a different problem that was solved with a new original HP cartridge.

Thanks,

Ole Thomsen

Occasional Collector
Message 5 of 8 (2,112 Views)

I have a cm2329 fxi and it now does exactly the same thing. All has been OK for 3 months but now it prints solid black lines across the page at random spacing.

What can we do?

Occasional Collector
Message 6 of 8 (2,093 Views)

I have updated the firmware and driver but still the CM 2320 prints thick black lines.

Occasional Visitor
Message 7 of 8 (1,804 Views)

Hi, if it is engene interactions causing problems, how can i solve the problem??? can it be a part that need to be replaced????

Honored Contributor
Message 8 of 8 (1,767 Views)

If you get solid crips lines left to right across the page (not up and down) and there is no spacing common between them the most likely issue is the laser scanner is firing on and staying on for a whole scan line (or several), it tend to reveal itself by being very crisp and clean, almost as if a ruler was used and pen, it can be a single scan line thick or many so you sometimes see hair thickness lines and others several mm.

One way this can be proven is to partially block the laser path to the cartridge with a small piece of paper taped over the apature, the media should be pure white where the block is, if you see white yet the defect is on the other part of the page then the laser is a likely cause. if not then the laser is not causing it as you have blocked part of the beam.

Doing this test can be useful as it saves cost of replacing cartridges randomly as some people might replace them to see if the issue is resolved.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.