Re: CP3525dn on Windows 7 Pro 64 Italian SP1: if the user is an administra​tor, the printing is slow (148 Views)
Occasional Contributor
RodolfoG
Message 1 of 2 (161 Views)

CP3525dn on Windows 7 Pro 64 Italian SP1: if the user is an administra​tor, the printing is slow!

In our network we have a HP Color LaserJet CP3525dn with its own ip address. On a pc, I installed it as a local printer to workaround other issues that we have when we use it through a server. So, the pc, that has Italian Windows Pro 64 SP1, sees the printer directly as a standard tcp/ip port with its ip address. The driver is the latest universal one, 5.7, pcl6. The firmware is "20130510 06.161.0", the latest one.

Now the current issue. If the user that works with that pc is a normal user, it prints ok. If I put the same user inside the local administrators group, that same user prints slooowly! At least one minute per each page. On the same pc, I tried with my own user and I got the same result. If I am a normal user, it works, if I add my own user to the local administrators group, again I print in a too slow way.

Any hint?

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 2 (148 Views)

Re: CP3525dn on Windows 7 Pro 64 Italian SP1: if the user is an administra​tor, the printing is slow

That is an interesting problem. 

It sounds like the security of your machine is effecting the local print spooler service.  Id assume that some security action is failing or timing out while in the Admin group that is normally skipped for normal users.  Unfortunetly I do not have any suggestions on what that could be.

For a situation like this you may want to consider downloading and installing ProcMon from Microsoft.  Running ProcMon while printing a document as Admin may help you isolate what processes are running in the background and timing out.  Perhaps if you can pinpoint the specific process that is timing out you can find a solution for it.

Otherwise you mentioned trying the UPD 5.7 PCL6 driver.  Try swapping over to the UPD PS or PCL5 driver and see if there are any consistencies.  It would also be interesting to see if this same problem is duplicated over a normal USB installation.

Cant tell right now if this is a local printing problem on the machine or some kind of a network security conflict.  I suggest working on the local printing problem first and then expanding into the network configuration area later.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple star under my UserName)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation