CM2320nf Horizontal black lines (4020 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Enders
Message 1 of 9 (4,020 Views)

CM2320nf Horizontal black lines

On some, but not all, print jobs, horizontal black lines about half an inch wide appear on the printed page.  The space between them seems random.  What is causing this and how can it be prevented?

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 9 (4,014 Views)

Re: CM2320nf Horizontal black lines

If it only occurs when printing black pages and if you print color pages you get color lines, then the issue is probably one of the motors on the right side.  Part is not available from hp so you will have to obtain from aftermarket.  If only black lines and no issue when printing color, then I would think the black toner cartridge has an issue.

Occasional Contributor
JoeGee
Message 3 of 9 (3,978 Views)

I have the very same problem with same model machine that was brought to my shop. I don't know where to start. I replaced new toner/pc cartridges that customer brought along, worked fine during bench testing. but when customer came to pick it up, the horizontal bars started again. black and colors. David, what motor/s is the one you suggested to check? thanks.

Occasional Visitor
Eagle4
Message 4 of 9 (3,947 Views)

The motors are the same as on the CP2025. p/n: RL1-1800-000cn M1 is the drum motor and M2 is the developer motor. One of these is causing the issue.
Occasional Visitor
cwrich
Message 5 of 9 (3,793 Views)

Hello,

I am working a printer for a customer and just come across the same thing.

Horizontal bands, edge to edge across the page...all colors appear present...about 2.5 to 3 inches apart as they go down the page.

Has anyone fixed this yet with the suggestion in earlier posts about a motor/gears?  Can the person who suggested this tell me why replacing those parts will solve the issue?

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 6 of 9 (3,787 Views)

Why?  Because if one of those motors goes bad that is the result.  HP did not originally provide the part which they do now since before the only way to repair was with a whole unit exchange.  That did not work out when the unit was no longer in warranty.  An guy at hp once told me the motor goes bad from using non-hp toners.  Take it for what it is worth and from where the information was received.

Occasional Visitor
csteele
Message 7 of 9 (3,531 Views)

I have replaced both motors and the problem still persists. I am using OEM cartridges and I used New OEM Motors when I replaced them. Any suggestons?

Visitor
ivangardos
Message 8 of 9 (2,620 Views)

Experiencing the same problem with black and colors. Too many issues can cause this problem and is just another issue HP won't admit to. With the cost of these machines it is just cheaper to buy another than loose time and funds servicing. I will call HP technical support and see if they can give me some advise on causes.....

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 9 of 9 (2,616 Views)

It could be one of the toners if not one of the motors. Impossible to tell which one. Usually I replace either one that was just put in or the one that the least amount of toner left.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.