CM2320fxi-Cannot Set Up Scanning to Computer (6485 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Ronald Eld
Message 1 of 8 (6,485 Views)

CM2320fxi-Cannot Set Up Scanning to Computer

My CM2320fxi is connected to my wireless network. I have a Vista 64 Pavillion and a Windows 7 64 Touchsmart. Cannot get the printer to set up or recongize the computers for scanning. HP Toolbox doesn't show the scanner and HP Solution Center won't run. The 2320 prints fine on Vista, Will not print multiple copies on Windows 7 (only the first copy the rest stick in the queue) Scanning will not configure on eithe. Scanner cannot find the computers from the printer control panel. The computer software will not establishe computer initiated scan. HP Solution center keeps asking me for a disk. Where can I download and reinstall HP solution center for the vista machine. On the windows machine the HP dock which shows the printers is useless for anything but trying to get me to order supplies. Clicking the printer files shows not scanner option. Trying to set up a scanner option, the error message says I require a TWAIN software. Where is THAT? What an absolute MESS
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Ronald Becker
Message 2 of 8 (6,485 Views)

Re: CM2320fxi-Cannot Set Up Scanning to Computer

Twain software is the software that makes the scanner work. It comes with the drivers for the printer. You can get the latest drivers, software and firmware at for bith Vista and windows 7 at www.hp.com under support and drivers. You might also need to check if the firmware is up to date. You might also check and see if a better manula is there too. I found out the printer control panel for my printer wouldnt work fo scan when connected to the network.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
CM2320fxi on Windows 7
Message 3 of 8 (6,485 Views)

Hi Ronald,

I also have the same problem where by CM2320fxi mfp just couldn't do Push Scanning (Scan to PC) on Windows 7. You can read my my thread "CM2320fxi on Windows 7 - Can't Scan to PC" in the forum. Nobody replied me at all. I've already downloaded the Win7 driver & installed. Unfortunately the HP Solution Centre or Toolbox FX just wouldn't install on Win7. Then I go to the respective folder of Solution Centre & Toolbox FX to setup but it failed.

Don't know why in the first place, HP put in the Win7 driver to be downloaded but not the full package being extracted out. This is getting more ridiculous. I've also updated the firmware but to no avail. I'm working for HP but none of the techies are able to answer or escalate :(
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ARTHUR MINASSIAN
Message 4 of 8 (6,485 Views)

I just set up a CM2320nf and have the same problem initiating a scan from the scanner to the PC. I'm running XP.

When I push the "Start Scan" button, it tries to communicate with the computer, but says that it can't.

I can initiate scans from the computer though. However, I had the same problem of the 2320 not being listed in the drop-down menu. So, I had to use the "other" category!

Art
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
CM2320fxi on Windows 7
Message 5 of 8 (6,485 Views)

Hi Arthur,

The Scan-to-PC be done on Win XP but not Win 7. You just need to install HP Solution Center or HP Toolbox FX. I'm waiting for HP to come out with this solution for Win 7.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
MarcDeMeyer
Message 6 of 8 (5,244 Views)

I also have to same problem on a Win 7 both 32 or 64 bit the 2320fxi does not want to scan to computer, Email scanning is working fine on a sbs2003 server. Does someone have any solution please.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Johndooh
Message 7 of 8 (4,810 Views)

The latest driver on the HP site , CM2320series-win7-full-solution-AM-EMEA1-v3.1 (approximately 327 MB) did the Job for me. On a windows 7 PC i could install FXtoolbox and after that on my win7 PC i could assign another computer (SBS2003) to my PC. But still no good luck because I couldn't choose from the Printer's scan menu to scan to a computer. After a reinstall without uninstalling the software, I got the option in my Scanning software of HP, change the location in the scan menu of the printer. After that I configured multiple locations on different PC's and my server , without using my PC!!!! HP didn't help me out.. Some guy in the US told in a vague forum that reinstalling the software gave him an extra opion in the setup menu of the software after clicking setup in the Scanning software. 1. New location...blablabla. 2. Change an existing location ... blablabla 3. Delete an existing location... bablabla 4. Change de location in the scan menu on the control panel of the product Option 4 DID IT!!! Good luck guys.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
nandanrao
Message 8 of 8 (4,492 Views)

Hi - have tried the CM2320series-win7-full-solution-AM-EMEA1-v3.1 software on Win 7 & the Hp Solution centre does not get installed. Any tips on how to get it installed. The CM2320 is connected through our office network. Have also tried installing the software through the USB cable - still the solution centre does not get installed.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation