CM1312 "SCAN to COMPUTER" feature not working (15530 Views)
Occasional Visitor
logi7
Message 1 of 11 (15,530 Views)

CM1312 "SCAN to COMPUTER" feature not working

I have a problem with my LJ CM 1312. I want to use the "Scan to computer" feature - but it not working.  I did some research and found out that "HP ToolboxFX" has to be installed. Somehow ToolboxFX will not be installed with the software... Reinstalled the software --> same ToolboxFX is not there. I tried to install toolboxFX manually - with no luck...

Does somebody have an idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks,

D.

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Moderator
affableLJ
Message 2 of 11 (15,502 Views)

Re: CM1312 "SCAN to COMPUTER" feature not working

Hello, Good day.

Depending on how you are doing the install you might be getting just the minimum set of software installed.  If an Express type of an installation package was used, you may only have the print and scan drivers which would be OK if you just wanted to initiate a scan from the PC.  You might try downloading the full software package from hp.com or using the product CD to install. 

Do you have any other drivers on your system?   

Have a wonderful day :smileyhappy:

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Beheer25
Message 3 of 11 (15,489 Views)

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. I also tried reinstalling the software, but can't find toolboxFX on my (Vista 32) PC. I did a full advanced install, but the sofware of the HP1312 does not offer many choices during insallation. When I start the scan application the setup does not offer me the option to add a destionation for the scan button.

Any suggestions are welcome...

Mark

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Moderator
affableLJ
Message 4 of 11 (15,486 Views)

Hello,

Do you have any other drivers in your system such as UPD (Universal Print Driver)? 

UPD seem to null out the scan app.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Beheer25
Message 5 of 11 (15,485 Views)

Hi,

I just solved my problem. I ran setup again. This time I did not choose the advanced option in the setup, but the express setup. This setup did install toolbox FX and all other utilities necessary to enable the scan button on the MFC.

Conclusion: The setup software of HP is far from intuitive in my opinion!

Regards,

Mark

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
logi7
Message 6 of 11 (15,461 Views)

Tried the same - with no luck. still no toolbox fx installed. I will try to download the software again.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
logi7
Message 7 of 11 (15,455 Views)

Still no luck. tried a different installation image :smileysad:

Any suggenstions welcomed

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Shawn
Message 8 of 11 (15,437 Views)

Some of the HP software requires you to put the CD in and run the install again. You will be given a option to "Install more software" Clicking on this button will give you other choices of software to install.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
MaryAnn Martin
Message 9 of 11 (14,429 Views)

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times and still cannot get it to install properly.  This, too, is on a Vista 32-bit machine.  When trying to use the scan option, you get the error message

HPToolboxFX has encountered and error and cannot recover...

Searching these forums has shown me that HPToolboxFX is not compatable with a PC running Vista.

I've found that there is no easy way to install drivers for the HP multifunction machines and you cannot run a repair install over the top - you have to totally uninstall, then reinstall just to get the drivers in.

Searching these forums has also shown me that the CM1312 is good for about 1 year (just getting it past the warranty) and then it fails.  At that time, your only support option is searching through support forums.

I've also learned that I will never suggest an HP Multifunction to any of my clients or friends.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
beguna
Message 10 of 11 (3,051 Views)

If you check this link:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup-e-g-Windows-8/Win7-64bit-Software-amp-...

I describe how to install the latest version of Solution Center 14 and Document Manager 2 that will run well under Vista and Windows 7.  I assume that nothing is working right and I provide thorough instruction on how to uninstall the old versions that came with your printer CD or the 5.1 version download which is missing all the features you will need to use the printer optimially.  After you follow my instructions and HP Solution Center 14 and Document Manager 2 are running, go to the start menu and click on scan application under the HP CM1312nfi  menu choice.  When the small scan application pops up, you will see a small setup button.  Click on it to set up scan to computer.  It actually works very well.  I have set up several different configurations and they show up on the printer in another room and I can scan from the printer to a directory I picked out on my computer.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
erock
Message 11 of 11 (2,651 Views)

I have a Mac book pro and can NOT get anything to work for scanning.  Please help!

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation