Re: CM1015 MFP Scanner Software (13740 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Kow Poh
Message 1 of 25 (24,011 Views)

CM1015 MFP Scanner Software

I recently bought a used Laserjet CM1015 MFP from a friend minus the CD. I went online to download driver to my laptop but can only find printer driver (cljCM1015-CM1017-PCL6-pnp-win2kxp2003v32-ww). Find everywhere but still can't find scanner software and scanner still not working. Please help. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Marc Beckers
Message 2 of 25 (23,822 Views)

Re: CM1015 MFP Scanner Software

i have the same problem
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Brad1
Message 3 of 25 (23,765 Views)

Same issues - I have the original CD but when running Windows 7 I can only get to print - scanner functionality no longer works. Worked fine when I was running XP. The windows 7 drivers on the HP site do not help. By now HP must have released updated drivers for Windows 7 - come on guys?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kenneth Chan_2
Message 4 of 25 (23,753 Views)

Kow Poh, Marc Breckers,

You dont mention which OS you want the software for.  Goto :-

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1846081...

Choose your OS and then scroll down to the "Software" section and choose the most appropriate file for your region ; these files essentially copies of the original CD - note their sizes are (sort of) CD size.

Brad1,

Goto :-

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1846081&...

and look at the Software Documentation section - there is a file there that describes how to install the software under Win7

Good luck gents and regards

Ken

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ewendt7100
Message 5 of 25 (23,595 Views)

Kenneth J Chan wrote:

Kow Poh, Marc Breckers,

You dont mention which OS you want the software for.  Goto :-

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1846081...

Choose your OS and then scroll down to the "Software" section and choose the most appropriate file for your region ; these files essentially copies of the original CD - note their sizes are (sort of) CD size.

Brad1,

Goto :-

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1846081&...

and look at the Software Documentation section - there is a file there that describes how to install the software under Win7

Good luck gents and regards

Ken

Tried the documentation on the web page and HP digital imaging still does not work.  You would think driver would be available for a major operating system in a business machine.  HP please write the drivers for win7

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
billcoburn
Message 6 of 25 (22,565 Views)

Forget about ever scanning on a CM1015 MFP under Windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit OS.

HP ONLY provides a "Universal" driver support which ONLY alows printing.

They have screwed over the customers that spent a lot of bucks to buy the CM1015 MultiFuncion Printer device.

This info comes from their tech support.

We cannot buy an independent scanner program that will recognize the CM1015 as a scanner.

HP has taken this scanning capability from us at the Windows 7 level.

This is the last MFP I will buy from any manufacturer. In the future I will buy a straight printer and buy a scanner on the side. I can tell you now, they will not be HP.

This terrible customer service. I have been a life long HP owner. But it all ends here.

Maybe I can sell the CM1015 to someone that plans to stay on Windows XP.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Swimer
Message 7 of 25 (21,910 Views)

I have same problem... Only print with W7.

Never and ever hp again in my life.

Ermanno ITALY

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Leigh Varnham
Message 8 of 25 (20,940 Views)

Any further update on this? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Setrom
Message 9 of 25 (20,249 Views)

Hello to everybody,

this can be solved wtih the download of the xp drivers HP Color LaserJet CM1015-CM1017 PCL6 Plug and Play Packages,and run the setup.

In my case he started alone, but in the end gives an error,than i went to device manager and do the upgrade drivers and indicate the folder were the setup put them.in my case it was C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\LaserJet CM1015-CM1017 Drivers.

remember,never quit on hardware-software...

Setrom.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
dragontooth81
Message 10 of 25 (19,100 Views)

I have XP and have the same problem... the only way I can scan is if I take a jpg photo... not a true document scan.

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Moderator
affableLJ
Message 11 of 25 (18,908 Views)

This product series does not have a product-specific driver for Windows 7. Some HP product software created for the Windows Vista operating system can be run on a Windows 7 PC in compatibility mode to enable product software functionality. There is a support document with instructions on how to do this for the HP Color LaserJet CM1015 and CM1017 Multifunction Products (M.... This is considered the best driver option in Windows 7 for these product series.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 12 of 25 (18,900 Views)

[ Edited ]

HP list how to use Vista 32 or 64 bit compatability mode for full print and scan on Windows 7 - this was posted 28th Nov, it's possible you've not had a chance to see it.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=uk&prodTypeId=18...

Unfortunately I can't help much more, I don't use Windows privately, only linux.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
LifestylesPC
Message 13 of 25 (18,583 Views)

Its really quite easy...  You just need to be resourceful and patient.

Follow the document as listed above.  You will have to change the compatibility mode in the properties of some of the setup files.  The actual software, as found on the CD, can be downloaded here...  http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...

You will not find the software if you are looking in the Windows 7 area.  When choosing the OS, use Windows Vista 32 or 64 bit.  This software link will be there.  

Download it...

- run the file, which if I recall correctly, extracts it first...

- and then change the properties of the 4 files as listed in this document...  

"Install a print driver on a Windows 7 computer (32-bit and 64-bit) using Windows Vista compatibility...

And thats all it takes...  

I am really surprised that nobody has been able to point you guys in the right direction ...  especially in an HP Support Forum...

But now you got it...

Good Luck and enjoy using your Scanner again.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
AndresA
Message 14 of 25 (15,684 Views)

Hi all, i recover from the past this forum if anyone could help me to solve this problem

I don´t understand how this solution is as simply as it seems. I´ve follow instructions step by step twice and its not working. These have been my steps, i remember, and no way

1-Download file hp_CLJ_CM1015-CM1017_v32v64_Full_Solution_AMWE from hp download page

2-Unzip file and set compatibility with Windows Vista sp2

3-Run setup. When installation process try to connect to printer it returns an error, a red cross, although it seems that connects to printer. If i decide to continue installation it finishes, but it seems that i install a black&white printer and its not possible to scan documents. And, HP Toolbox does not start due to no printer were found

I don´t know where is the problem, i will try to install driver&software with Windows Vista compatibility (without sp2 although hp resolution indicate this)

I´m trying to install printer on a Windows 7 Home Premium

If anyone has an idea it will be very apreciated.

Thanks in advance

Andres

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
AndresA
Message 15 of 25 (15,662 Views)

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggg!!!!!!, Windows Vista compatibility doesn´t work!!!!!

Nobody?, any suggest for a poor person?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Baseman55
Message 16 of 25 (14,743 Views)

I to tried HP solution. Nope, no go. All it did was corrupt a brand new machines OS. (New Asus I5- Win 7 -64). Will install printer but the scanner? No way.  I find it unacceptable of you (HP) to not address and can understand why your loyal customers that support your company by buying your products feel the way they do. Is your market share that good you can alienate your customers? I bet not. I have been a PC servicer/reseller for more than 25 years.

Your company was once the best at customer support and service. Over the years I have watched your companies products and support go right down the toilet. At this point I have to seriously consider whether to offer or even recommend your print and scanning products. Maybe this is why Hp has been doing fair, thousands of pissed off customers and retail/service supporters that are told to buy a new one when nothing was wrong with the old one other than needing someone to spend the money and take the time to write the drivers for it.

If your from HP reading this, you should take note and try to correct these issues. If you think that someone is going to but a new HP Printer to replace their not so old one after you have abandoned them....all I can say is I would like some of what you are smokin''  because what they say is never HP again. Just like above.

Come on HP get your head out of your ass, you were once the best in the industry.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Kathydavies
Message 17 of 25 (13,838 Views)

The HP software does not work.  I have tried at least 10 times, if not more.  I am suspecting that if you had not had a previous operating system on your PC then it is not recognising when it tries to load.  I get as far as plugging in my printer via USB and then it goes belly up.

You would think after all these years HP would have a solution to this and issued a proper installation disc.

Now I see that Windows 8 is out - god forbid this software escapade.

I really am angry at this - printer software works well on my XP laptop - but main PC - blah!  Can't run toolbox or any other programmes associated with this.  Can just about print.

Come on HP - pull your finger out!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Peter_85
Message 18 of 25 (13,833 Views)

please read my post...  it works..  all you have to do is follow the instructions.  I have it running on my 64 bit windows 7, and it works fine.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
annebarnard
Message 19 of 25 (13,740 Views)

I have wasted so much time on trying to get my scanner to work.  Along with others in this discussion I have tried downloading the full solution and amending the four exe files to work with Vista SP2 - I got the red cross near the end of the installation too.  The scanner doesn't work / the toolbox doesn't work / the solution centre doesn't work.  HP now have drivers available for this printer to work with Windows 7 - tried that download too but that only activates the printer - still no scanner, solution centre or toolbox.  This is totally unacceptable.  I have a perfectly good printer that I've been very happy with and I have a store of expensive toner cartridges.  Am I supposed to put this lot into landfill and buy a new HP printer?  I think not ........!!  HP Technicians - you surely must have the expertise to help your customers solve this problem.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Peter_85
Message 20 of 25 (13,722 Views)

others have made it work...

I have made it work...

detailed explanations have been given as to how it is done.

suggestions...

- spend $40.  and upgrade to Windows 8

- get rid of Windows Vista.

- Accept the fact that software and hardware has a period of time for when it is supported.

- rather than bellyaching over something that you are unable to do,,, Put out a request to someone here to log in with CrossLoop, etc, and Pay someone to do it right.

-  Is it really worth all of the time and aggravation trying to do something that you are unable to do?

That is why there are pc techs out there.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
rothenbj
Message 21 of 25 (12,851 Views)

I don't understand why people need to be aholes when others are having issues with the instructions that were given by the manufacturer that don't work.  Not everyone has the same level of expertise.

Now for a potential solution that worked for me after hours of trying the instructions given.

Follow the instructions provided by HP, download the Vista file and extract.  Sort the extracted files by type file and find the six application files.  The instructions tell you to change four of those files to run in Vista compatibility mode, CHANGE ALL SIX!.  After you've applied those changes, execute autorun. 

You will probably be asked what to do with the existing device drivers if you already have installed the drivers before.  Have the system remove them and reboot the computer.  Once the old installation is gone (if you had one), run the autorun file again.  You should not get that "X" on the screen after you've plugged in the USB cord.  The files should all re-install.  I was only getting black or grayscale before I did this, but now have color again.  You can test that first.

Now test the scanner.  Hit the scan button and the scanning software should load.  However, you may get an error depending on whether you have the latest printer firmware.  If the scanner software doesn't load or if it fails, do a google search for the CM1015 firmware.  I believe it has an Oct. 2012 date.  Download it and run it with the printer in the "Ready" state and plugged into the USB port. 

After the firmware has updated, I rebooted my computer (not sure if that was necessary) and tried the scanner.  SUCCESS.  Good Luck!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
kalyytik
Message 22 of 25 (12,317 Views)

I have also teased myself with this problem - trying to get CM1015 to work under Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. So far, I have not succeeded. Today I did the firmware update for the first time so I was hopeful that would change something, but no. I think I am following the HP instructions and rothenbj's tips closely, but still I run into the same end: when I plug in the USB cord in the final parts of the software installation, it advances to phase 5/5 and stays there for several minutes and finally shows that big X in the dialog. I have been using the Universal drivers for printing since scanning has not worked. Fortunately printing in color has not been any problem for me in Win 7.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
EeePC1210T
Message 23 of 25 (12,107 Views)

windows7 + HP CM1015 + integrated Scanner

Hi guys,

I can tell you: "it work's!!!"

today I've downloaded these files from the official link: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=1846081&lang=it&cc=it...

the files for win7 32bit are:

upd-pcl5-x32-5.5.0.12834

upd-pcl6-x32-5.6.0.14430

upd-ps-x32-5.6.0.14430

CM1015-1017_FW_Update-20120927

I've installed all toghether with the option "overwrite the last driver"

when I've seen the printer I've done a firmware Update,

I've lost the connection with my Usb ports and with the printer...........!!!!.....***....

I've upgraded Win7 then reebooted my mini-laptop.....

with uninstall and re-install the printer was recognised as "HP Color LaserJet CM1015 UPD PS"

at last the scanning software in the start menu "Windows Fax and scanner" with the function FILE/NEW/DIGITALIZE has recognised the HP 1015.... so I have my *jpg document.

the secret is:

wait, reload, reboot, wait, wait, reboot, wait, reload, upgrade, reload, reboot, wait at so long as your win7 says:

"HP Color LaserJet CM1015 UPD PS ready to work"                         (it means one day work and testing)

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
dogface
Message 24 of 25 (4,885 Views)

Lasetjet 1015 OS Vista.  Used CD that came with printer to download program but scan would not work.  Went to http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay?javax.portlet.begCache...

and downloaded this several time but the Scan still does not work.  I do get the HB ToolboxFX but it says UNKNOWN.

HP Solution center flashes but does not open.  Please Help.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Rvanboerum
Message 25 of 25 (2,396 Views)

When I upgraded to Windows 7, I lost my HP scanning soft ware for my HP printer "CM1015MFP".  It was called "HP Solutions" .  I cannot find it on the HP web site and have not been able to locate the original soft ware I received when I bought the printer.

How can I get this soft ware again?

Mr. Van Boerum

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation