C6180 Scan Problem, Wireless (602 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Charles Filip
Message 1 of 7 (602 Views)

C6180 Scan Problem, Wireless

Does the C6180 scanner actually work in an Wireless environment? I have had "chat" sessions with 5 different techs and they all seem to be guessing or reading from a "bible". I have a P4 laptop, a P4 desktop, both running XP and a P2 desktop running ME. Get scanner communications error on all 3 when trying any sort of wireless setup. Printer works fine in all cases. Also the scanner works fine when using USB to the P4 desktop. Anybody have any suggestions. I think HP is trying to avoid me as they give me some elobrate proceedure that ends up in a chat disconnect and then I have to start all over again.
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Jasdev Singh
Message 2 of 7 (602 Views)

Re: C6180 Scan Problem, Wireless

Hi Charles,

Dont worry now and get ready for this:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1124034

Please find the attached document under my solution area(like a paper clip icon in the right side) and forget about any scanning problem. This will resolve all you scanning issue.

Do let me know if you face any further problem.

Jasdev
(Say thanks with points)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Charles Filip
Message 3 of 7 (602 Views)

Cannot open your .doc file with any software that I have
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Jasdev Singh
Message 4 of 7 (602 Views)

Step 1: If you gave Win XP, try to open in Word Pad.

Step 2: If you email accound in gamil then attach this file to your own gmail account and then open with gmail document viewer.

Or you can download Microsoft word document viewer from microsoft website, its free.

jasdev
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Randy Brook
Message 5 of 7 (602 Views)

Jasdev's paper was great. By far the most complete answer for many of the problems with this device, not just scanning.

See my notes on a variation of the problem and my experience following Jasdev's paper at:

https://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1154481
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
A.F.Baldinger
Message 6 of 7 (602 Views)

I had scanning problems with the C6180 network printer for several weeks (windows XP).

It scanned fine with the IE-app through the URL in the network, but failed to scan through HP's app on the PC.

With the document of Mr. Singh, I could clean it up and scanning works fine now!

Now I realized by giving the network printer a new fixed IP-address, I corrupted the network setup by the HP software.

Thanks Mr. Singh, keep up the good work!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
A.F.Baldinger
Message 7 of 7 (598 Views)

Mr. SIngh,

Your valuable document  (Resolve Scanning Error on Network Printers.doc) helped a lot of people (including myself) with their C6180 network scanning problems.

The document seems to be removed fron the forum; could you please reload as I still get requests for solutions to  similar problems.

see: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-faxing-and-copying/PHOTOSMART-ALL-IN-ONE-C6180-SCANNING-PROBLE...

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation