Black ink won't print (1672 Views)
Occasional Visitor
h_kench
Message 1 of 2 (1,672 Views)

Black ink won't print

I have an HP Deskjet F4280. The black cartridge is brand new, but won't print. Color prints fine, just no black. When I press my finger to the cartridge, I get the 2 black ink lines on my finger, so I believe the cartridge is good (it is new). Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Naveen Kumar Dhumale
Message 2 of 2 (1,672 Views)

Re: Black ink won't print

Hello Mr. Kench.

These types of issues occures if the printer doesnot detects the cartridge or if the cartridge contacts not get in touch with the contacts inside the printer..

perform the below instructions...

Using a clean, dry lint-free cloth (a coffee filter works well); wipe the cartridge contacts, from the top to the bottom. The contact area of the cartridge should be rubbed briskly to remove the waxy lubricant material from the gold colored contacts. The contacts inside the printer may also require cleaning. Using a clean, dry, lint-free cloth, gently wipe the contacts, from the top to the bottom. By following the below link
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c00058182..

after cleaning cartridges..donot reinstall cartridges..and perform below instructions..

1. Verify that the unit is switched on. Disconnect power cable from All-in-One and also from wall outlet.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Plug in the power cable to All-in-One and also to wall outlet.

Reinstall the cartridges...

print a test page from printer and check the result..

Press and hold 'Cancel' button, press 'Start Color Copy' button, then release both buttons to print a self-test page...

if the issue still persists, try with another new black cartridge...if the new cartridge works...then the other one might be defective one..

contact hp to replace the cartridge...

Regards..

Naveen
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation