Re: B110A moved to the UK and now I can't find 564 cartridges for it! Everywhere I look, it's 364?! (180 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Jxm96c
Message 1 of 2 (190 Views)

B110A moved to the UK and now I can't find 564 cartridges for it! Everywhere I look, it's 364?!

My printer is CN245 - B110A, but it is not the UK model , even though the model no is identical… I bought this in Hong Kong and I believe it is the same as the US model. On the printer body it says it takes 564 cartridges. I went online to purchase cartridges and just typed in my model no, and the site told me I can use 364 so I went ahead and bought some only to find that they're not actually compatible...

I heard that you could maybe reset the regionalization setting of some sort and perhaps make it work. Does anyone know about this? I called HP and the Peter with perfect indian accent did not even understand what I was asking about, asked me what computer I'm using, whether it's printing or not, and completely ignored what I was explaining. In the end he just told me to call the cartridge department... HP needs to train their staff better.

HP probably should warn customers on their website about this because I had no idea until I was told to research on this before opening the cartridges! I am losing out on postage on returns if I send them back because of this, it seems to be a common issue with HP printers, that they are region dependent and is not uncommon for customers to get incompatible cartridges if they had moved from another country, even though the model no is correct… 

I honestly don't see any justifiable cause for producing printers with the same model no to use different cartridges. If I cannot use 364 cartridges and end up having to buy the 564s from overseas or amazon paying twice the price, that would permanently terminate my trust in HP and its products.

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 2 of 2 (180 Views)

Re: B110A moved to the UK and now I can't find 564 cartridges for it! Everywhere I look, it's 364?!

Take a look at this recent topic about regional cartridges and how you can change region settings:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Multifunction-and-All-in-One/MOVING-TO-ANOTHER-COUNTRY/m-p/5854829

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.