Re: Alternate software for laserjet 3100 (79 Views)
Occasional Visitor
bbillian
Message 1 of 2 (79 Views)

Alternate software for laserjet 3100

My father has been having a lot of trouble with jetsuite lately, and is getting fed up with it. He has the newest version with updates and everything that the software download page offers.

He has a 350MHz P2, with 128MB ram and plenty of hard drive space.

The problems that he is having range from the error "The job submit failed. The queue is full (d14)." when he is trying to send a fax to having "phontom" faxes show up in the thumbnail view of jetsuite, meaning that when a fax comes in sometimes there is a second fax with zero pages that comes with it.

He was wondering if there was any software, such as winfax, that could use the capabilities of his 3100 and give him the same or more functionality than he currently has.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kimberly Ann
Message 2 of 2 (79 Views)

Re: Alternate software for laserjet 3100

Hi,

I believe Winfax will only allow you to send faxes, not receive them. I could be wrong about this, however.

To try to fix your father's problem, you should call Distribution at (661) 257-5565 to order him a copy of the latest version of JetSuite... version 179.5. What is available on the CD at Distribution is just a bit different than what is on the web. Also make sure your printer has the latest firmware, version 1.21. You can download that from this page:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/swindexes/hplaserjet5838_swen.html

Once you receive the CD, you should uninstall JetSuite before installing it. Remember that once you uninstall and reinstall the software, only one month of fax logs will be retained. There is no way around this.

Good luck!

Kathy
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation