Re: AirPrint on M575dn - Need Wireless Jetdirect? (630 Views)
Occasional Collector
scooter133
Message 1 of 7 (973 Views)

AirPrint on M575dn - Need Wireless Jetdirect?

We are looking to get Airprint to work on our Lasrtjet M575dn. Its all enabled and conencted to the network.  ePrint works great. THough when tring to use see the printer from any Apple Device, we cannot see the printer. 

We have tried a variety of things. Even plugging in a Local Airport Express Access point to a Switch that has the printer on it. 

My Office Jet 8100 with built in WiFi and LAN connections will only allow AirPrint to work if the Printer is connected to the Network via Wireless, not via the LAN cable.  So is this the case for the M575 too? do I need to but the ew2500 Wireless adapter to get AirPrint to work with this thing?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 2 of 7 (958 Views)

Re: AirPrint on M575dn - Need Wireless Jetdirect?

If your device does not have wireless built in then it perhaps depends on how you're linking.

Certainly with my wireless network I see my network attached printer fine but are you trying to connect peer to peer i.e directly to the printer?

If not then perhaps you would need a PC to act as host to the printer then the printer/driver are shared over the network if you can't locate it through the network manually?

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Occasional Collector
scooter133
Message 3 of 7 (946 Views)

I can see the printer from my iPad if I open up its Web interface in Safari. I can print to the printer Directly form a Mac on WiFi or LAN and all of the PCs (WiFi or LAN) use a Win2008 Print Server to spool to and the print server prints to the printer. 

So connectivity to the pritner is not an issue. I want to use Apple's AirPrint feature on my iOS devices. I know the printer supports AirPrint. I know my iOS devices support it to as I can print to other printers via AirPrint.

I cannot see the M575dn from any iOS device. AirPrint is enabled. I've followed this guide too:

HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 Color M575 and M525 MFP Product Series - AirPrint support for LaserJet En...

Though it is not clear if the printer itself needs to be on WiFi directly and not simply accessible via WiFi though a LAN.  My OfficeJet8100 Needs to be connected to the Network via WiFi for AirPrint to work

Thank you,

Occasional Collector
Mestascchio
Message 4 of 7 (731 Views)

I am running into the same issue here.

I have a M575f and a ew2500.

I can get airprint to work if I don't use the ew2500 using the printer itself connected to a home router (For testing only)

I cannot get airprint to work if I add the ew2500 into the mix via wired or wireless to the same router.

I am wondering if this is a ew2500 issue. Airprint doesn't show as an option to enable in the ew2500 web jetadmin page. 

(Networking -> Other Settings -> Misc Settings -> Enabled features)

I am pretty sure I saw an actual Airprint feature in the printer's web jetadmin page.

Does the ew2500 need to support Airprint in order for this to work. I mean, I do see bonjour.

I'll add a screenshot of the ew2500 features list:

Occasional Collector
Mestascchio
Message 5 of 7 (730 Views)

Adding a picture of the features list of the m575 without the ew2500 attached:

HP Pro
P_Leclerc
Message 6 of 7 (723 Views)

I'm not sure how you're enabling Wireless support for this printer.  The ew2500 doesn't support AirPrint from what I can see.  The other accessory to enable Wireless would be the HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server but it's not obvious that it supports Airprint.

How do you enable Wireless on the M575?

I work for HP
Occasional Visitor
rstocks
Message 7 of 7 (630 Views)

Did you ever get this working?    We would like to dual functionality for printing via LAN and Wireless devices. When we attempt to setup the PEAP network it requires me to put in a Certificate? Not sure why it will ask me to when it should not be required.  

Thanks,

Robin

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.