64 bit Windows 7 Driver for Laserjet 3100 (767 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 5 (767 Views)

64 bit Windows 7 Driver for Laserjet 3100

I recently bought a very expensive hp computer as well as adapters to connect to my Laserjet 3100 printer. I was astonished when the printer did not work and flabbergasted when I learned that I needed a new driver and HP does not support one for its *OWN* PC, one running Windows 7. I wish to add my name to the long list of HP printer owners who are outraged by HP's indifference to their customers' need for a driver. In this day and age when we are supposed to be environmentally sensitive, what kind of company is HP when it expects us to junk a perfectly good printer just because Windows has now turned to a 64 bit system, and HP will not spend a few $$ to provide a driver to run on it. Anyhow, can anyone offer any advice to a relatively unsophisticated PC user on how one can continue using one's Laserjet 3100 when running Windows 7 software?
Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 5 (767 Views)

Re: 64 bit Windows 7 Driver for Laserjet 3100

Hi Robert,

Is this what you are looking for -
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=12013&pr...

Regards,
Murali
Let There Be Rock - AC/DC
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 5 (767 Views)

Many thanks for your reply with the helpful suggestion. The site you sent me to has a list of available drivers. The one I need, alas, is not available. HP apparently does not support drivers for the Laserjet 3100 when running Windows 7 64 bits. As for me, after spending more than $2000 on my HP machine recently, only to find it would not run my HP printer, Not sure if anyone from HP reads this stuff, but if they do, they ought to take note of what is said about their customer support here and in other places on this blog.
Occasional Visitor
Message 4 of 5 (767 Views)

They also don't support 32bit Windows 7

try http://www.bioticaindia.com/download.php?file=hp-3100

no guarantees.
Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 5 (767 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried 2x to email DriverPro with a question and did not receive a response. Could not find a way to contact DriverFinder. I am reluctant to sign up with either without a response to some basic questions. I still hope to find a driver for my Laserjet 3100, but I guess the only hope is HP, and they do not seem interested in the needs of their customers. I have just bought my last HP. It's no wonder why HP received such a low customer service rating in the PCWorld survey recently.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.