4555 error 49.38.07 across 7 out of 11 machines after print server went down (13525 Views)
Frequent Visitor
JDPK
Message 1 of 8 (13,525 Views)
Accepted Solution

4555 error 49.38.07 across 7 out of 11 machines after print server went down

Hi,

Large site we look after. They were testing UPS on site and next morning 8 4555s had 49.38.07 errors, had to do disk initialise etc. and set them up from scratch. When this happened we were scratching our heads wondering how a power cut could kill so many machines, however, since then there have been firmware upgrades etc. We also advised the client to power down the printers when UPS testing.

However, during a test this week, same bloomin' thing happened leaving 7 out of 11 4555s completely down (the customer couldn't confirm that all the machines were powered dwon gracefully).

Anyone any experience of these machines being super power spike sensitive or the like? Any how we have a big corporate, not at all happy with these seemingly delicate machines. They have lots of other HP print devices on site, no harm done to them.

Help.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 2 of 8 (13,490 Views)

Re: 4555 error 49.38.07 across 7 out of 11 machines after print server went down

I would check the issue is not simply a rogue switch - get them to disconnect a printer, power down and then bring it up off line so it's not on the network.

The only time I've seen issues similar to this was when a switch went nuts and was sending rubbish down the network - had several printers doing strange things, some 49 errors and some randomly printing either rubbish or parts of jobs from either minutes, hours or days ago.

Took a long time to track as all the PCs worked fine and we had to put a loan unit in and then this had the same issue.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
JDPK
Message 3 of 8 (13,212 Views)

Re: 4555 error 49.38.07 across 7 out of 11 machines after print server went down

Just to update. We changed the mechanical hard disks for solid state disks, also swapped the formatters in the MFPs and haven't had a problem since. My hunch is it's the mechanical hard disks having a wobble during power brownouts/spikes, thrashing the printer OS. Hope this saves someone some sleepless nights.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 4 of 8 (13,203 Views)

These printers use the futuresmart firmware so odds are the disks needed a clean from the preboot menu, this will erase the firmware but keep the disk boot loader, then you upload the firmware from USB.

It might be that the disk was accessed or corrupted when the power went, replacing the disk will have had the same effect.

Your logic is sound, the futuresmart firmware is a mini OS not just a basic firmware, there will be a lot more chiit chat on the hard drive.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
kaizer303
Message 5 of 8 (13,148 Views)

i have a problem from CP 5525 49.38.07 errror can you help me with this??
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Imagenet_Tech
Message 6 of 8 (12,715 Views)

Hello having the same issue and having trouble finding the part number for the formatter board, can anyone please help with this? I have googled it and looked on manuals and different sites and no one seems to have an answer for me.

Much thanks

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 7 of 8 (12,684 Views)

Guys, what's happening with this Forum.

If you have an issue then open a new post, tagging on a thread that's even a month or two old may not be going down the same problem path, you could simply be adding faults into a single solution path.

I'm seeing more and more posts where people are tagging onto items as old as five years and as in this post one is not even the same printer.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
nwood61
Message 8 of 8 (6,273 Views)

Have you tried to find the part on HP Partsurfer?  Go to http://partsurfer.hp.com and search using your printer serial number.  It should bring up every available part number.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation