w17e (128 Views)
Occasional Visitor
cgmclellan
Message 1 of 2 (128 Views)

w17e

The  w17e monitor is not recognized by OS. I just converted to Windows7, but lost all previous settings from WindowsXP. I could not locate drivers for w17e on HP's site and Win7 just uses generic monitor so no detailed adjusment is available.

Does anyone know how to get Windows 7 to recognize the w17e monitor?

Honored Contributor
David_Schwartzs
Message 2 of 2 (125 Views)

Re: w17e

If you're running 32-bit, you can use the Vista (32-bit) driver.

If you're running 64-bit, there is no specific driver available, you'll have to use the Generic profile as you're already doing.

You should be aware, though, that all modern monitors communicate their available settings, such as resolution support, to the computer in an industry standard fashion, and there's not too much advantage one way or another to having a monitor that has a specific profile versus "generic" profile.  You won't lose any sort of picture fidelity by using the generic profile.

Regards,
--
David Schwartzstein
IT Channel Sales Expert / Solutions Architect

Currently looking for my next opportunity - http://www.linkedin.com/in/pctechyoda

If my post solves your problem, please kindly take a moment to mark my post as a solution. Thank you.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.