disabling sleep mode on LA2205wg (753 Views)
Regular Visitor
zzzzzzzzzz
Message 1 of 6 (753 Views)

disabling sleep mode on LA2205wg

This monitor is being used as part of a phone system and needs to stay on at all times.  but if the phone does not ring for 20 or 30 miniutes the monitor goes into sleep mode.  I have already disabled the screen saver and changed the computer monitor powerdown option to never, but the monitor itself goes into sleep mode still.  This needs to be disabled, is there a way? 

I have looked through the OSD and did not see an option for disabling sleep mode,  if I turn the power saver off the screen still goes dark and I get the No signal received message.  I have even tried to setting the sleep mode timer for off hours to no avail.  Again this monitor MUST stay on during business hours, how can i disable the sleep mode?

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 2 of 6 (746 Views)

Re: disabling sleep mode on LA2205wg

>Again this monitor MUST stay on during business hours, how can I disable the sleep mode?

I don't see anything on a LP2065 either.

Any reason it must stay on and not sleep?  You may have to worry about burn in.

Regular Visitor
zzzzzzzzzz
Message 3 of 6 (726 Views)

This monitor is the reception telepone, it is difficult to answer the phone when the screen is dark.

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 4 of 6 (719 Views)

>it is difficult to answer the phone when the screen is dark.

How long does it take to warm up so you can see it?

Regular Visitor
zzzzzzzzzz
Message 5 of 6 (715 Views)

It depends on how long the screen is dark, I try to catch it right away but it still takes about 10 seconds.  But there has been an instance when the screen was dark and I had a call and it rang 5 times before the screen warmed up.

Honored Contributor
V. Nyga
Message 6 of 6 (627 Views)

But if you get the 'No signal' received message, then it's probably the source which goes to sleep (?)
What happpens if you switch off the monitor and on again, is there still 'No signal'?
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.