ZR2740W - it is dead (can't power it up) (526 Views)
Occasional Visitor
sid_post
Message 1 of 5 (526 Views)

ZR2740W - it is dead (can't power it up)

I have used this monitor for a few months without issues until last Sunday.  I went to buy groceries and came back to find it unpowered.  The HP Desktop computer is was connected to had no power issues.  Everything is power protected so, I'm confident no power surges occurred.

Plugging this monitor into a wall outlet will not let it power up.  Connecting it to a different computer doesn't fix it either.  The power cord is good, the master switch is on, and I have tried the front panel on/off switch lockout multiple times.  The LED's never come on. 

Any suggestions?  Anything I should check before I give up on this expensive monitor and see about getting it repaired?

Both the desktop and laptop are HP branded with Core I-7 CPU's and good ATI graphics cards.  Neither will register this monitor now with the control panel (it is really off).

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Patrick1976
Message 2 of 5 (416 Views)

Re: ZR2740W - it is dead (can't power it up)

Did you ever find a solution for this?  I'm having the same issue after about 1 month of owning it.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
sid_post
Message 3 of 5 (413 Views)

[ Edited ]

Patrick,

I submitted a trouble report into their warranty system and they sent an HP tech to my door with a brand new monitor.  The hardest part was finding the correct place on their website to submit the problem and getting all the serial numbers and part numbers entered correctly.  Once I did that, I had an email in about 24 hours that got the ball rolling and could have had the monitor replaced in under a week if I had not been on travel.

Warranty service on a high dollar monitor is a real bummer but, HP handled it very well.

Best Regards,

Sid

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
sid_post
Message 4 of 5 (411 Views)

https://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/prw/home/

This should get you close.  Don't remember the exact steps though.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Patrick1976
Message 5 of 5 (406 Views)

Thanks Sid!

I appreciate the direction as I'm at the spot of trying to get the Warrantee ball in action now.

I'm glad everything worked out for you, that's encouraging!

Best,

Patrick

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation