ZR24w blinking/going black screen at random (1681 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 2 (1,681 Views)

ZR24w blinking/going black screen at random

I have had my 3 HP ZR24w's working perfect for about 6 months, however the other day one of my monitors started going blank randomly.  Sometimes it will go blank once every 20 minutes, sometimes several times a minute.   When it does this, the power light remains lit.   Also I have noticed some occassional distortion that lasts only a millisecond.

I am normally hooked up via displayport, since I use my three monitors in eyefinity.  I tried hooking the monitor up via DVI however with it I get no display.   It will not recognize the signal.   I tried forcing it to DVI in the menu, but that did not work.  Also tried different power cables, different displayport cable and different DVI cables.  Only piece I have not replaced is the minidisplayport adapter, which I have a replacement coming Tuesday so I can test.  If the issues still persists, I am not sure what else to test.

DVI does not work as far as I can tell and displayport is flickering, very annoying.  Only this one monitor is behaving in this manner, both other ZR24w's work great.

Occasional Visitor
Message 2 of 2 (1,658 Views)

Re: ZR24w blinking/going black screen at random

I have a similar problem, on two monitors and still going. 1. My ZR24w purchased April/2010 started flickering during cold weather (around 50°F, which is not that cold at all). It would stay blank until the monitor was warm enough then flicker for 5-10 min or so before it stayed on. ^ I contacted HP about the issue above and they sent out a replacement panel today. 2. My replacement panel now has a different problem, it would flicker/blink at random and would not stop for 20-30 min. This is ridiculous, my original was actually better where after the monitor warmed up it would be very steady. I've replaced all the cable and even video cards, for problem 1 it was obvious that it was a temperature problem but problem 2 just looks like I have a defective panel. The panel would flicker/blink even when I unplugged the DVI cable. The monitor is in the "cant find a source" state and still blinking on/off!! I purchased this monitor from HP directly. I'm very very dissatisfied with my purchase.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.