Re: Monitor has no power. HP2509M (490 Views)
Occasional Visitor
TwiztidRich
Message 1 of 4 (632 Views)

Monitor has no power. HP2509M

My HP 25" LCD Monitor model # HP2509M just quit on me. No Power light or anything. Check power at wall outlet. Wall outlet is fine. Changed power cord. Still nothing. HP, for some reason, Cannot find my warranty. Does anyone know what may be wrong with it? Is there a repair that I can do or should I have HP fix it most likely at a cost greater than the cost of a replacement. I really LOVE this monitor but if HP support does nothing without getting payed for it, I will have to choose another brand if I have to buy a new monitor. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Rich

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
V. Nyga
Message 2 of 4 (624 Views)

Re: Monitor has no power. HP2509M

Let your warranty checked here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?cc=us&lc=en

With the serial number HP should be able to tell you if you still have warranty. How old is the monitor?
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
TwiztidRich
Message 3 of 4 (610 Views)

It just turned three in February of this year. I went to chat on the HP website and they said my warranty ran out 02/07/11. (One year warranty)

I feel that for what I paid for the monitor I should have gotten more than three years out of it although from what I have read in my research throughout the Internet, It seems that this model monitor is notorious for quitting in that time frame, Two to Three years. I have two Dell flat screen monitors (Not CRT), One 15" and one 17" that are at least 6 years old and both work well. (Considering their age.) I'm using the 17" now as a backup since the HP quit and the 15" I use for my Test bench. (I do computer repairs in my spare time. I only get reimbursed for the new parts I install. Labor is free)

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
HPEatsPoo
Message 4 of 4 (490 Views)

I had this same problem with my HP2509M monitor.  Have you found a fix?  So far I've not been able to find a way to revive my monitor, either on hp's so-called support site or via Google and the internet...do I really need to buy a new monitor already???

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation