Lost screen resolution (157 Views)
Occasional Visitor
unkleE
Message 1 of 1 (157 Views)

Lost screen resolution

I have an HP LA22f monitor which I connect to a Mac laptop running OS6 when I am at home. Recently I went away for a few days with my laptop, using its buit-in screen. When I returned and reconnected the external monitor, it showed the wrong screen resolution. When I tried to re-set it using the Mac OS "System Preferences" for Displays, the HP LA22f window appeared but optimum resolution wasn't listed among the options. Re-starting etc has made no difference.

There seem to be two options. Either:

1. The screen resolution is stored on firmware within the monitor, in which case the monitor is faulty.
  2. The screen resolution information is stored in the laptop, in which case the file has been corrupted in some way and I need to re-load that file.

If 1 is true, I am within warranty apparently. If 2 is true, I simply need to know what the file is so I can re-install from my automatic backup.

Can anyone advise please? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation