Half of monitor is discoloured (456 Views)
Collector
Scroungey_Cat
Message 1 of 3 (456 Views)

Half of monitor is discoloured

Hello,

I bought a Pavilion 23xi a few months ago. It has been kept in the same position on my desk, well out of reach from sunlight and magnets, and has not sustained any shocks or bumps.

Last weekend, for no apparent reason, the left half of the screen became discoloured. It has a greenish tint that emanates from the top left corner of the screen, then grows gradually weaker and fades away toward the right side of the screen. If you look closely at the discolored area, you can see transparent, horizontal lines, each of which is 1 pixel high.

The problem is persistent using two different computers and two different cables (HDMI and VGA). The problem first appeared last saturday when I was playing a game and disappeared later the same day when I was watching a video. I thought the problem was caused by image retention, but none of the image retention fixes seemed to work and the problem literally disappeared by itself after several hours of normal use.

Yesterday, the problem appeared again while I was typing a text document. It is still persistent today.

To summarize, there is nothing wrong with my computer(s) or cables, and the monitor has not been mistreated in any way.

Before I take the monitor back to the shop, is there any way of resolving this issue myself?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
nvad
Message 2 of 3 (201 Views)

Re: Half of monitor is discoloured

Hey,

I have the same issue, Hp support is not that great. Only time i can contact them is between 8:30-6pm which for most of us we are at work, and the want you to be infront of the device to even speak to a technician!

Does anyone know what the issue is here? or is this a manufactuers fault, will think twice about getting something like this again.

Please use plain text.
Collector
Scroungey_Cat
Message 3 of 3 (198 Views)

Re: Half of monitor is discoloured

In the end I returned the monitor to the shop I bought it from, who in turn sent it to HP for repair. It came back without video cables, power lead or original packaging. The monitor appears to have been fixed, but HP support leaves a lot to be desired.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation