Re: HP w2408h 'Going to seep' (232 Views)
Occasional Visitor
pufflehuff
Message 1 of 2 (249 Views)

HP w2408h 'Going to seep'

[ Edited ]

I've looked through several forums and solution sites, but I can't find anything that helps OR I can't interpret the technical jargon being used. :\

I have an HP Media Center PC with WIndows 7 installed. The monitor I'm using in an HP w2408h and after shutting my computer down one night (It'd been on for a few days straight!) and when I go to turn it on, the CPU turns on, no funny sounds, no beeps, no odd noises, it's fine, but the monitor....No windows open, it doesn't even start to open, it just goes directly to sleep mode. 

I don't have any other monitors to test with, I can't get anything to open to go to the start menu. I've tried using different cords, unplugging and replugging--I'm just at a loss of what to do. I've yet to open anything up because I don't wanna knock something loose, but if need be I've got a screwdriver right next to me.

Any help would be wonderful!

That was monday, thi is now Friday. I took my tower to a computer repair shop and they ooked it up to their monitor; it worked fine. Took it back home, bought a new moitor and when I plugged it in...NO VGA SIGNAL. @___@ I tried new cords and everything. I have no clue what to do.

Occasional Visitor
pufflehuff
Message 2 of 2 (232 Views)

Re: HP w2408h 'Going to seep'

Also,  I just tried a few more 'fixes' such as a monitor reset and it didn't help. If anything the no signal messages swithed from No HDMI to VGA signal. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.