HP W1907 Monitor "sleeping" (358 Views)
Occasional Visitor
TD569
Message 1 of 1 (358 Views)

HP W1907 Monitor "sleeping"

I am one of apparently several owners who are experiencing the monitor going to sleep on an up-and-running PC. I have a W1907 monitor, and it's connected to an HP Pavilion PC, running Windows Vista that gets all updates.

Recently, the monitor started to go to sleep on its own, with the PC still active. The monitor displays the message that it detects no signal, and goes to sleep. I hit the power button on the monitor several times, and after a while the PC image displays, but after a few seconds it goes back to sleep.

I have swapped power and video cables to no avail (including analog vs. digital). I switched the monitor over to a functioning laptop, running Windows 7, and the same thing happened. I purchased a new HP 2011x monitor, and connected it to the original Vista PC, and everything works fine. No issues whatsoever with that setup.

Then I switched the "defective" W1907 to a Dell box running XP SP2. The monitor worked fine! It didn't sleep after several hours, and the image was as good as the older video card could make it.  After several days, it is still functioning just fine.

So that seems to indicate the problem isn't with the monitor or the PC or the video card. I was this close to discarding the monitor, but I need to know if there could be a driver fix in the near future. Seems a shame to toss a monitor when all signs point to a driver issue.

Can anyone from HP weigh-in on this? I have tried to navigate to a way that I can email Support, but since the monitor is out of warranty, that apparently isn't an option.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Tim

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.