Re: HP S2331a LCD Monitor goes to sleep and will not wake up (636 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Doha-Al
Message 1 of 3 (985 Views)

HP S2331a LCD Monitor goes to sleep and will not wake up

The monitor displays a message, "Monitor going to sleep", and then turns itself off.  Nothing I do can make it turn back on. I cannot shut down the PC (A Pavilion P6000 Series Model No p6717me-m) so have to physically turn it off.  Invariably there is unsaved information that is lost.  It is driving me crazy.  I have checked and reset power saving options and screens saver options, but nothing makes a difference.

HP Pro
Mister_Do
Message 2 of 3 (956 Views)

Re: HP S2331a LCD Monitor goes to sleep and will not wake up

Hi Doha-Al,

It could be an issue with your graphics card or even the monitor. Take a look at this HP Support document on this error. The steps should help you figure out the problem:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00061509&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4173524&tmp...

Let us know how it goes.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
Occasional Visitor
Doha-Al
Message 3 of 3 (636 Views)

Re: HP S2331a LCD Monitor goes to sleep and will not wake up

After a long interval here are my conclusions.  I tried all the suggestions in the link suggested by Mr_Do.  No success.  I then connected the monitor to an aging HP Notebook (Pavilion dv6500), and used it successfully for long periods, including intensive Google Earth viewing,  with no problems. So my conclusion is that it is not the problem of the monitor, but the PC.  The problem occurred most often when using Google Earth, so I had stopped using Google earth in the desktop.  However today I was using Word on the desktop, and copying images from a web site, and it ocurred again. Thanks to a five minute autosave setting in Word, I didn't lose too much effort, but it could easily have been worse if I had unsaved info in other open applications when it shut down.  I find it hard to understand why this issue is so hard to solve by HP!!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.