HP LP2480 ZX has developed pinkish color cast (1418 Views)
Occasional Visitor
2121fm_alan
Message 1 of 10 (1,418 Views)

HP LP2480 ZX has developed pinkish color cast

We have 2 Hewlett Packard Hp Lp2480 ZX monitors in our video edit bay.

One of them has developed a reddish/pink tinge.

The other is operating normally.

They are both using the exact same and correct color profile for these monitors, both connected using Display Port connection and we have hot swapped the errant monitor
with other computers, cables and the reddish pink color cast still is present in all modes and color spaces.

So there is clearly a problem with that monitor itself, there is no other explanation possible.

Have anyone seen this problem before and have any idea what the problem might be?
Heres the BIG complication: I am in Sydney Australia and, naturally I called HP for support and assistance - namely where can I take this monitor for service ?
The Indian call center that i keep getting bumped to keep insisting that a company called NCSS services these monitors here in Sydney. Wrong. They dont. I spoke to them and they have NO idea why HP would refer monitors to them. They dont service monitors, period.
Further calls to India and they keep insisting they are right and NCSS are wrong! They only have one name in their database and thats it. There is noone else they can refer me to!
This is maddening. Does anyone know who services the HP LP 280ZX in Australia? Hp support keep giving me the same answer and wont accept their database is wrong.
Meanwhile we go around in circles. Someone who services monitors for everyone said buy another monitor. At 3 grand? If its terminal, ok , but I need an expert opinion. He had never heard of the  lp2480 zx
Thank you in advance. A pic is attached.
Alan kaye

Alan Kaye
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 2 of 10 (1,348 Views)

Re: HP LP2480 ZX has developed pinkish color cast

Alan - please check your private messages for information on this case.

Thanks!

I work for HP.
Visitor
Tyfan
Message 3 of 10 (1,342 Views)

I've got exactly the same problem, it looks like purchasing from HP may have been a mistake for both of us!

I've had monitors in the past with color casts but this is the worse case I've seen, I'm also getting bad color fringing.

Occasional Visitor
Hrnda
Message 4 of 10 (1,181 Views)

Dear sir,

It seems I have similar problem - but the picture on LP2480zx is yelow...

Is there any information you can give me about this "problem".

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Best regards,

Hrncirik Jan

Occasional Visitor
esaho
Message 5 of 10 (1,043 Views)

Hello,

I have same issue with HP LP2480zx. How can I fix this issue? I tested with DVI connection on two different PCs. This issue started few months ago.

Regards,

esaho

Occasional Visitor
georgeqdtn
Message 6 of 10 (747 Views)

Kevin,

can you please get in touch with me regarding my LP2480zx - I'm having the same 'PINK' issue except worse than the other guy!

Occasional Visitor
Reelvideo
Message 7 of 10 (651 Views)

I'm having the same problem. Pink!

Occasional Visitor
Dreamcolor_User
Message 8 of 10 (621 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Could you please get in touch with me about the 'pink' issue with the dreamcolor?

I am having the same problem, even the GUI has turned pink.

Mant thanks,

Laurens

Occasional Visitor
brainburdst
Message 9 of 10 (584 Views)

Mine has the same problem. Can't calibrate with software. Please provide instruvtions for manual calibration!!!! There must be a hidden menu. Please respond ASAP!!!!

Visitor
Tyfan
Message 10 of 10 (572 Views)

Hey.. don't any of you understand that you're wasting your time?

HP aren't interested in your pathetic problems their busy making money out of other suckers.

Stop posting stupid requests up here and get over it.

My Dreamcolor was pink from the word go, no calibration through DP, software too slow to live with, support never heard of a Dreamcolor, support useless, etc. etc.

MOVE ON... get a life!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.