HP L2335 issues (560 Views)
Collector
yareally
Message 1 of 1 (560 Views)

HP L2335 issues

I recently bought a new HP L2335 LCD monitor from geeks.com (about 4 months ago). The monitor has been discontinued for a while, but they happened to have a small batch of them come in new and not referbished.

When I first got it, I had this same problem and RMA'ed it back to geeks.com for a replacement that worked fine until now. I can literally turn it on (the led power light comes on and it turns green if plugged in and I can tell the backlight is on), but nothing will display no matter if I plug it into a vga port or dvi port (tested with multiple computers, cords and video cards). The display configuration screen for the monitor will also not show up when I press the menu button. I have tried turning it off for a while and turning it back on as well without any difference.

This all started today when I turned it on (it worked fine last night). When I first turned it on today, the menu screen popped up asking which port I wanted to use (DVI or VGA), then it stopped working (as described above).

Geeks.com only takes back defective products within 30 days, so it's beyond that, but I think it's still under warrenty with hp, since it was new. However, if I can get it to work without returning it, that would be great, because I would rather keep the monitor, since it's nice and it's hard to find a similar IPS display.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation