HP 2311x - HDMI connectivity issues. (870 Views)
Occasional Visitor
martinelsen
Message 1 of 3 (870 Views)

HP 2311x - HDMI connectivity issues.

Just bought the above monitor specifically to be used as a display for HDMI devices such as a BluRay player, PS3 and specifically an HDMI Freeview box.

I have connected the HDMI cable correctly to both Monitor and device and the message "check video cable" constantly appears.

I have tried three other HDMI cables of varying lengths and still no response whatsoever.

Checked online and have seen that this is a common problem - is there a way to fix this?

Do i need to purchase a high speed cable?

What do I need to do do to get this great looking monitor working?

Honored Contributor
V. Nyga
Message 2 of 3 (856 Views)

Re: HP 2311x - HDMI connectivity issues.

>I have tried three other HDMI cables of varying lengths
Have you tested a 'high-quality' cable too?

Also: Try to get the monitor into fixed HDMI mode. Go to Main Menu, Source Control, highlight Auto-Switch Source, press OK, select OFF, press OK. Then select HDMI.

HTH
V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Occasional Visitor
abductedsea
Message 3 of 3 (773 Views)

Re: HP 2311x - HDMI connectivity issues.

I have had similar problems even after replacing the monitor was replaced. One thing i observed is, you have to wake up the monitor using another signal (DVI or VGA), once the monitor has active signal... then you can change source to HDMI and it seems to detect the cable.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.